Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,725   Online: 979

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Tele-Rollei(flex) is back

From the new web site of Franke & Heidecke Gmbh - Rolleiflex 4,0FT - takes 120 format film, has a 135mm, f/4 HFT Tele-Xenar from Schneider for taking and a 135mm f/4 Heidosmat for viewing. Good to see new film cameras being introduced and evenmore, new TLR-s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best news is that the closest focus distance is now 1.5 meter, instead of the lousy 2.6m in the old models. I bet it will be expensive though...
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Bill Gates is secretly out there he can send me the Rolleiflex 4.0 W.

James,

Shooter
    Multi Format

Of COURSE it will be big bucks! It is a Rolleiflex! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    I bet it will be expensive though...
    You KNOW that it will be! After all Rollei can sometimes make Hasselblad look affordable for new equipment! :o

Rollei 6008 kit new (Adorama) USD 4499 - 5199 depending upon the lens
    Rolleiflex 2.8 FX USD 3800
    Rolleifles 4.0 FW USD 4799

Hasselblad 503 CW kit incl lens USD 4054
    Hasselblad 905 SWC USD 6588 :rolleyes:

I can only imagine that the Rolleiflex FW will be about USD 5000

They are all first rate equipment and if you can afford it new, you probably won't be dissappointed, but holy-cow it is expensive.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmailand
    If Bill Gates is secretly out there he can send me the Rolleiflex 4.0 W.
    Heck, as part of his Arts foundation, why not endow each one of us with one! If Bill is willing, I'll gladly post my address.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's really not that difficult to come up with the bread for a Tele- Rollei. I was offered several million dollars yesterday for simply being the USA agent in investing money from Nigeria. I'm certain the offers are legit for the emails came from higher ups in the government. ;>)

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nigerians to sell Tele-Rollei

Quote Originally Posted by Gene_Laughter
    It's really not that difficult to come up with the bread for a Tele- Rollei. I was offered several million dollars yesterday for simply being the USA agent in investing money from Nigeria. I'm certain the offers are legit for the emails came from higher ups in the government. ;>)

Gene
    You know, if you asked the Nigerian investor to sell you a Tele Rollei, I am sure they would do so ... cheap.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, the comparison between Hassy and Rollei is not quite fair. To match the out-of-the-box Rollei, you'd need to add a metered prism and a motor. Plus you'd still would not have AE, both Shutter and Apeture Priority as well as full Auto. Oh yeah, Spot, Mulit-Spot and an Awesome Matrix type. Oh, and 1/1000 top flash sync speed with 1/3 stops for shutter, (which is nice for tweaking ambient light levels with daylight flash). So, yeah, its expensive, but add it up, and you still get a better camera with Rollei.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    This is not exactly news. I handled this camera at the PMA show six months ago. It's nice.

Cheers,

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format

Yup - Rollei has value for money but you need a LOT of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves
    Well, the comparison between Hassy and Rollei is not quite fair. To match the out-of-the-box Rollei, you'd need to add a metered prism and a motor. Plus you'd still would not have AE, both Shutter and Apeture Priority as well as full Auto [a bunch of great featurs deleted...] So, yeah, its expensive, but add it up, and you still get a better camera with Rollei.
    Granted that Rollei and Hasselblad offer a lot of value for the money, but for either one - boy is it a LOT of money new! (which was my point)

But if you aren't in a position to shell out $4k+ for new gear, you have to consider used. And this is where Hasselblad has a strong advantage in the US on the secondary market.

We own a Hasselblad because we can get scads of good quality used gear for (still expensive but a whole lot more) reasonable prices - and we can even rent some of the more exotic and expensive pieces of gear. Repairs are easily performed and there are lots of people that can do this, and aside from some of the older lenses, not too expensive considering new equipment prices. I don't know how it is where you are - but here in NY this is a big advantage.

No argument that both are fine cameras - and new, Rollei may have an advantage, but for more modest means, Hasselblad can get you there, too! (For this reason along the Rollei system is out of my reach for SLR's)

For TLR's, though, Rollei has a HUGE advantage for the same reason! Lots of installed base, repairs are reasonable, and between Rolleiflex and Rolleicord - there are lots of equipment available for cheap!

I didn't mean to start a "which camera is better" argument - I will preemptively agree with you that Rollei is "better" than Hasselblad since nothing good can come of this discussion!

Peace,
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin