Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,781   Online: 1038

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Zeiss introduces new lenses for Hasselblad

I can't believe it but Carl Zeiss has introduced three lenses for the Hasselblad 500 series cameras.

Here is the LINK.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I get the feeling that those will be the only V system lenses as Hasselblad will be discontinuing all the others.
    Why?
    - They have reverted back to the metallic look.
    - They call them "classic".
    - They cover the three common lengths: wide-angle, macro and portrait telephoto. They probably figured they don't need a "normal" perspective.
    - They don't seem different in specs from the ones present (the 120 has a typo that could either mean the larger apperture is 2 or 4).

I think the new V catalog will be very, very thin...
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think they are sooooo nice.

jan

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    They do look nice, however I am inclined to vote with Ari on this one. It is possible there is nothing "new" about these lenses. A good marketing move however, and a nice way to sell some of the old barrel inventory with new nomenclature....

there are disgressonary dollars to be had in the market, this month's Men's Vogue has a nice full page ad from Leica for the M series film camera, you can choose your color, have it in red if you will and with matching lens caps no less!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Classic" lenses? Doesn't that smell like nostalgia, although the V system is still current? Wait a minute...

"Grandpa, you're not retiring, you've only become an icon, a classic!"
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I can't believe it but Carl Zeiss has introduced three lenses for the Hasselblad 500 series cameras.

Here is the LINK.
    VERY COOL! Though I am certain like with most Hasselblad equipment, there is no way I could buy a lens new!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not a 'Blad user, but this is the best line I've read all day: "ZEISS ZV Classic lenses contain no electronics whatsoever. They can therefore be used for many years without losing their value." (From the bottom of the Zeiss page linked above.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it's cool that CZ is releasing these lenses again. I'm interested in the 50 f/4 Distagon...but am afraid as to how much it will cost...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I will be buying them once they are available. I just emailed calumet to see if there was a time frame.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was thinking about selling my car and since it is in silver to it would not be so hard to get over the loss..

jan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin