Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,268   Online: 959

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well if you knew who I was, you would understand my signature, and after being a pro for over 25 years now, I bet there may be a few areas I can show you some differences..

So we will leave it at that, as I know based on your unsolicited answer to me, about something we are not even talking about, that makes you uninformed in my opinion. As far as your snobbish answer, what ever floats your boat, I know a good many great photographers, that don't shoot Zeiss or Lieca and have made a DAMN good living, as for me, I have ordered two Zeiss lenses for my Minolta AF system in the last month and looking forward to see how they pan out. One thing good that Sony did after taking over the Minolta digital line, was they are working with Zeiss on lenses that are backwards compatible with my Minoltal film cameras, now I will get an opportunity to see if that are that good.

By the way it is "Focus on the picture, Not on the Glass!" not concentrate, and it is not a quote, it is my trademarked slogan..

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

PS, just in case you didn't figure it out, my signature has nothing to do with lenses..!

Last edited by Dave Parker; 10-04-2006 at 08:28 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Dave,

Thanks, it worked. But something seems weird here. I tried doing that earlier and it didn't fire. Now I read your post and it does.

Do you have special "powers"? :o
    Yes, I just don t know what they are...thanks so much

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe View Post
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Very interesting Dave, but I do take exception with your quote of "concentrate on the photo not the glass".

If it's not Zeiss (for all formats) or Leica (35mm specific), then it's just not worth it. Personally, I refuse to shoot with any other glass. And you can't tell me there's no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
    Oh, oh...I didn't mean to start one of these "gear head" things.

Jeez, and I shoot Nikon in 35mm - not I'm really conflicted.

Hey, this isn't going to turn into one of those threads like thay have on RFF where people start dragging out all kinds of lens comparisons?

Oh, no! :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey George,

Not from me, it is quite obiviously this guy didn't know what he was talking about..

Look forward to seeing some shots from your new baby..

Of course I did forget to mention, I am making a who bunch of little tiny screens for a leiceflex right now, so maybe my glass does stand up to the big boys!

LOL

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Hey George,

Not from me, it is quite obiviously this guy didn't know what he was talking about..

Look forward to seeing some shots from your new baby..

Dave
    Hi Dave,

Yeh, I don't know where Rolleijoe was coming from - I don't think he as a clue as to what you mean by "glass".

Yo, joe, Dave is talking "ground glass" - he makes it!

Dave,

Give me a few weeks on the pics - but I am really looking forward to this - some 25 years ago when I first got a 35mm I started wanting to try MF - but only now am I getting there.

Whoopee!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way it is "Focus on the picture, Not on the Glass!" not concentrate, and it is not a quote, it is my trademarked slogan..

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

PS, just in case you didn't figure it out, my signature has nothing to do with lenses..!
    Thank goodness you clarified this... I thought you may have gone into the picture framing business.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 10-04-2006 at 08:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: bad speling

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe View Post
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]

If it's not Zeiss (for all formats) or Leica (35mm specific), then it's just not worth it. Personally, I refuse to shoot with any other glass. And you can't tell me there's no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
    Well, Rollei certainly seems to agree with you that there's a difference. Guess that's why they switched to Schneider, eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cameras don't take pictures, people do, the camera is just a light tight box that allows the film to be maintained in a light tight storage area until such time as a person decides it is time to push the shutter button and allow a specific amount of light in to make the exposure.

Dave
    I'm one of the people participating in Toy Camera Day and I also consider some of my best shots to come from the crappiest camera I own. I know that people make photos. I just prefer having light tight boxes that I like to use.

To clarify, I meant that the lenses are supposedly very good and the body is built like a tank. I don't expect the thing to take pictures by itself...but I do think it will perform well enough to allow me to take the photos I want to take.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    35mm
    Half baked and the oven has gone out. The oven light is not working but the soup is said to be superior to all others. Now if I can just find mt botique ladle.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    I'm one of the people participating in Toy Camera Day and I also consider some of my best shots to come from the crappiest camera I own. I know that people make photos. I just prefer having light tight boxes that I like to use.

To clarify, I meant that the lenses are supposedly very good and the body is built like a tank. I don't expect the thing to take pictures by itself...but I do think it will perform well enough to allow me to take the photos I want to take.
    Stephanie,

The pentax is a very good system, I have owned several of them over the years...I just couldn't resist, you opened yourself up for that one..

No hard feelings intended, hopfully no hard feeling taken!

Dave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin