Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,131   Online: 893

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well said, Claire... I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the risk of being redundant, first, if you haven't done so, remove the magazine. To do that, you have to have the darkslide inserted or it won't release from the camera body.

Next, if you have a lens on the camera, make sure the shutter is cocked. Remove the lens cap if any, gently push open the rear shutter curtains and look to see daylight coming through the lens. If not, it ain't cocked. It has to be for the camera to fire. Soooooooo, first, while gently holding the shutter open, take a long, thin screwdriver and CAREFULLY insert it in the lens cocking screw at the base of the lens, turn it (no pressure) don't let the screwdriver slip and scratch that 80mm lens. <G> Continue to turn it clockwise until you see the lens shutter blades open and lock in the open position. Your camera should now be cocked and the shutter should release by pushing the release.

Also, remember that although the camera will fire without a film mag in place, when you DO put a mag on it, it won't fire unless you pull the dark slide. Yep, when you get the manual, read it. Also, a copy of Ernst Wildi's book "The Hasselblad Manual" will likely be helpful to you both in terms of inspiration and technical stuff. Okie dokie?
    Take it light.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BTW, one other thing I forgot. The mirror pre-release is a flat button located directly under the film advance lever. Never EVER try to put a cocked lens on a body that isn't cocked (mirror down and shutter advanced). That's about a $200 repair if it gets forced. So, if you need to lock-up the mirror before you shoot, just push that button up and you'll feel the satisfying kathunk of the mirror going up but BUT you won't be releasing the shutter yet. When you're ready to do that, like by cable release, just push the shutter release and you'll hear the lens shutter open and close. Don't forget to advance the film which will recock the lens and reposition the mirror.
    Hope this helps.
    M.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For Hasselblad lens unjamming info, go here:

http://cesarigd.club.fr/photoe2b.htm

That's a great camera you've got there; get a manual and enjoy the fun of knowing that every screwed up photo is totally your fault and not the equipment's!
    Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe View Post
    [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
    If it's not Zeiss (for all formats) or Leica (35mm specific), then it's just not worth it. Personally, I refuse to shoot with any other glass. And you can't tell me there's no difference.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [/FONT]
    What? Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Fuji, etc glass, isn`t good enough?

Ridiculous statement!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe View Post
    If it's not Zeiss (for all formats) or Leica (35mm specific), then it's just not worth it. Personally, I refuse to shoot with any other glass. And you can't tell me there's no difference.
    Schneider made Hasselblad lenses - Tele-Arton (?) in at least one instance.
    Rodenstock, Cooke, .... a bunch of other non-Blad lenses are pretty damned good as well. There are some wonderful images made with Holgas ... I don't know who makes their lenses...

"CAN'T tell you ..." ?? Pretty obvious. Why should I try?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rgacpa View Post
    For Hasselblad lens unjamming info, go here:

http://cesarigd.club.fr/photoe2b.htm

That's a great camera you've got there; get a manual and enjoy the fun of knowing that every screwed up photo is totally your fault and not the equipment's!
    Bob
    Yes, I figure I've reduced the situation to where "operator error" will be the ONLY explanation for bad pics!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Cameras don't take pictures, people do, the camera is just a light tight box that allows the film to be maintained in a light tight storage area until such time as a person decides it is time to push the shutter button and allow a specific amount of light in to make the exposure.

Dave
    True. But the police won't arrest you fondling your PHOTOGRAPHIC equipment in public places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    True. But the police won't arrest you fondling your PHOTOGRAPHIC equipment in public places.
    Terence,

I have not idea of what you are talking about....

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Terence,

I have not idea of what you are talking about....

Dave
    My excuse/justification for why I covet cameras when I already have too many.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin