Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,189   Online: 867

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Geroge,

There is no reason to kill the thread, there is a lot of good information in this thread, but some people, just need to pay attention to what the heck is comming out of their mouth, these guys that start this crap about mine is better than yours are not photographers, they are gear heads...gear heads don't take pictures they worry about what the front of the lens says! and that is absolutly stupid!

That is like saying a Pinto won't get you where your going as well as a Ferrari, just ain't true....the Ferrari will get you there faster, but the Pinto will give you a chance to enjoy the sights!

And I agree, ineffablething, that is a real nice shot!

Dave
    Yeah, Dave,

I hear you on this. It's just that I saw how nasty these "glass" arguments can get. Heck, I was stupid enough on that website to actually participate!

Now, what's really interesting to me about ineffableting's shot is that, given the angle of the Sun (e.g. the shadows of the sign's framework against the facade), the flags are actually backlit to the shooter!

Yet the highlights and tonality etc. are wonderfulyl balanced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Simply Amazing,

Of course, I don't know why, but at one time, Leica and Minolta were working together both on glass as well as camera bodies...

Now if your going to tell me that my pictures suffer after the 25 years I have been making a living with my Minoltas, I can guarantee you what I am going to tell you!!!!!! There is a big difference between being a snob for yourself and using your equipment to make a living!

So, going into the Mine is better than your is pure an unadultraited bullSh*T

As a working photographer, the biggest thing I worry about, is what I can sell, that puts food on the table..

Dave
    Peace - I didn't mean to offend - I was trying to make a little humor that apparently fell flat on its face. (Given the large price differential between the two - saying to someone that they oughta have bought some other, cheaper glass is likely to be a bit rude and I was _trying_ to make light of it)

I will admit that I am not a profesisonal photographer - though I enjoy it as a hobby. I also like nice equipment. This does not make me a snob, as I like well engineered things regardless of brand. I am well aware that you can get great results from simple equipment (I started on an instamatic!) as well as some equipment meant for more mass market (I own a Nikon FM2 - and a couple of older AIS lenses - and this is my primary kit!).

Everyone (even me) knows that a well designed lens is a well designed lens - and is only a tool to get a good photograph. But I was also saying that Zeiss is a great company that generally wouldn't put out something to hit a price target - but hit a quality target. As companies trying to hit a more general market (such as Nikon, Canaon, Minolta and so on) they have lenses of a variety of quality.

In my business Nikon makes some terrifyingly good lenses (though the application is industrial) - as does about every other manufacturer.

I apologize unreservedly if I caused offense, and meant no harm by my comments.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething View Post
    You can make some pretty nice pictures with Pentax 67 glass.
    What a great picture!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George, you mentioned: "Since I started the damned thread, and since I got my answer,. . ." So, who finally answered your question, btw??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave Wooten. First post.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    Zeiss is a great company that generally wouldn't put out something to hit a price target - but hit a quality target.
    Wrong again, what about those Zeiss CB series?
    Quality?

Cheers

André

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin