Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,821   Online: 1158

Thread: Life`s a bitch!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Life`s a bitch!

The old customer concerned Swedish Hasselblad is gone, a new philosophy has emerged, show me your money !

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ph...concerns.shtml

Long live the V system!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    The old customer concerned Swedish Hasselblad is gone, a new philosophy has emerged, show me your money... André

I don't entirely agree. I talked to Hasselblad for quite a long time at photokina and see exactly why they have done it. The back is a matter of precision, assembling the camera-and-back as a unit, and the 28mm lens is frankly lousy without the software that corrects the image. This sort of hybrid optical/software correction, pioneered as I recall by DxO, will become more and more common -- Leica uses it to correct vignetting (and possibly other defects?) in the M8.

Yes, it's horribly expensive; but it's also very, very good. If you can't afford it -- I can't, though I'm hoping to borrow one for review -- well, you can't afford it. If you can, there's probably no better DSLR.

And if you've tied your money up in an older digital Hasselblad, like the fellow who was complaining in the link you posted, and feel that the money in question has been wasted, well, maybe you should have stuck with film... As you say, long live the V system!

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting, but irrelevant to this forum.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gna gna, buy some film, an analog hassy and go!.no need to upgrade because the industry forces you. but indeed that discussions doesn'n need to be on apug.

greets

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ijsbeer View Post
    ... but indeed that discussions doesn'n need to be on apug.

??????, why not?
    Isn`t the system a dual platform?

The point isn`t about D vs A!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    ??????, why not?
    Isn`t the system a dual platform?

The point isn`t about D vs A!

Cheers

André
    I'm my opinion it was about the pro and contra of the new hassy h3d.I've missed that it is a dual platform. If you're right than we can restart this discussion André. But every where I look there is talked about the h3d. Only with a better look on the hasselblad website there is talked on the specification that it is film compatibility. Maybe i need to look better through the digi world to nice analog stuff.
    cheers
    Ijsbeer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These high end systems have to be dual use, in other words they must allow mounting a film back. The cost is simply too high for more than a handful of professionals to afford more than one capture back; which means that a film back is the back-up device. So these newer cameras have to work with film, though honestly I don't see the point in an H3D.

To those who enjoy the V system Hasselblads, there are some new lenses out from Zeiss. Definitely not low cost, though it is nice to see continued release of new products.

The only Hasselblad I miss seeing discontinued is the Xpan. Sure, plenty of used examples on the market, but the discontinuation means no more development of new lenses.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it's fantastic. I mean I feel bad for H1 and H2 owners. But ostensibly, the prices of the H1 and H2 should drop now since the entire systems are basically discontinued. While I think there is a temptation to keep the prices high, or maybe a necessity to some extent on the part of retailers and distributors, I think it would be impossible. While I think the prices will stay moderately high because they are dual use, and can still be used with digital backs from other companies, the real hum-dinger is that the lenses are discontinued. I think the future of the H1 and H2 will probably reflect something like Fuji's GX680.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin