Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,667   Online: 949

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mamiya 645 light traps

Hi,
    I wonder if anyone can help me;
    I have a Mamiya 645 (the plain old 645, without interchangable backs), which is losing it's light trap foam.
    It's gone gooey, and if I don't clean it out after every third of fourth roll, I end up with mushed foam on the film, and therefore undeveloped spots.
    While the camera is still light tight at the moment, it's annoying me, so can anyone suggest suppliers of replacement foam please? (I'm in the UK)
    I have toyed with the idea of using black velvetine to replace the foam, but I don't know how well this would work - any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a seller on ebay named interslice that sells the best foan seal kits. He is also a member here -- Jon Goodman. The kits are under $10US

I did my 645 with his foam seal kit and it worked out nicely.

Here is a link to a related thread here on APUG
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ht=jon+goodman

I highly recommend his kits.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the quick response.
    I've just ordered one of the kits on Ebay

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've done my 645, as well as a number of other cameras, with Jon's kit and it works great. Shoot me a PM if you get in a bind with the 645 and I'll see if I can help you out.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the stuff from Microtools, based on what I see in my pinhole camera, it doesn't work at all. Jon Goodman also can be found at the Yahoo "camera-fix" group or his email:
    jon_goodmanATyahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vouch for Jon Goodman; good price, fast delivery, clear instructions and his little bamboo goo scraper. Make sure you tell him that you're doing a MF camera so that you receive the correct size and quantity of material.

Cheers from chilly and rainy Ottawa
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have two Mamiya 645 and one kit by Jon Goodman, you can find them on Ebay, was more than enough to to them. He includes a tool for the goo removal and complete instructons that anyone could follow. Really high quality.

Curt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin