Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,382   Online: 954

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Shot my first roll with the 503CXi - now what?"

Shoot the second, the third and so on...!

Have fun!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    I remember talking to attorneys from NYC, Copake and Tuscon. They always advised me to seek advice, before not after, doing things. But what would a lawyer know?
    Claire:

You wouldn't believe how many times I have thought to myself: "If only he/she had asked me first!!!".

On at least one occasion, I have had a client send me a letter saying: "You gave me good advice. I didn't follow it. I now regret it greatly. I still thank you for your help."

It made my day, even if I did wish that my client hadn't got herself into the trouble in the first place!

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft View Post
    I remember talking to attorneys from NYC, Copake and Tuscon. They always advised me to seek advice, before not after, doing things. But what would a lawyer know?
    Exactly! Which is why I asked for advice on processing BEFORE bringing it in to the shop!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Exactly! Which is why I asked for advice on processing BEFORE bringing it in to the shop!
    So... what were the results???

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    So... what were the results???
    Aha! Glad you asked, Brian.

I don't know yet!

The shop I brought them too (on 10/16) sent them to the Great Yellow Father for processing (even though the Green Giant of the East had made the film).

It's been 10 days - still no show! Arrghh!

They did tell me "up to 2 weeks" but I thought they were kidding. Little did I know.....

Stay tuned.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Aha! Glad you asked, Brian.

I don't know yet!

The shop I brought them too (on 10/16) sent them to the Great Yellow Father for processing (even though the Green Giant of the East had made the film).

It's been 10 days - still no show! Arrghh!

They did tell me "up to 2 weeks" but I thought they were kidding. Little did I know.....

Stay tuned.
    You will ask, they will draw their breath sharply between their teeth, mention something about how unstable F*j* film is, and difficult to develop and delay yet another week!

Here in Kodak-land you would just get lynched.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The labs here can have them in 24-48 hours if its E6 or C41, if its black and white it can take upto a week depending on who does it. If it came into the store and is 120, then its possible to have it done overnight. The only reason something would take 2 weeks or more, is if they are sending the film outside of the state to some bulk processing lab.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    The labs here can have them in 24-48 hours if its E6 or C41, if its black and white it can take upto a week depending on who does it. If it came into the store and is 120, then its possible to have it done overnight. The only reason something would take 2 weeks or more, is if they are sending the film outside of the state to some bulk processing lab.
    Ha. If I go to the right lab I can get 120 E-6 in 2 hours and C-41 or B&W in 3 hours. If I go to another lab I can get 120 C-41 overnight, but E-6 in 2 or 3 days (and no B&W at all). If I go to my favorite lab (sarcastically speaking), 120 C-41 in 2 or 3 weeks and no E-6 or B&W. I'll bet NYC has plenty of labs that have various turnaround times also -- some much better than others.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I got the film back and it was a disaster. No images, frames or anything. Thinking at the shop is that the camera has a light leak - but I'm not sure if that's the case.

They asked me to bring it in for a tech to look at. I'll do that (after all this was an "eBay special"). But, if I have time (and the weatherman cooperates) I will shoot a test roll this weekend and take it a different place.

Here's what I did to shoot. Loaded the film as per the Hassey manual instructions. Set the shutter speed and aperture on the lens (the day I shot was a Sunny/16). Wound the shutter crank. Removed the dark slide and shot.

Sometimes I replaced the dark slide before advancing the film - sometimes not.

After roll was done, I fully wound out the film onto the take-up spool so the paper was all I saw when I removed it.

I cannot think of what I did wrong such that I'm willing to explore the possibility of a light leak - but if I can do a test roll, the other shop can turn the film around in a day or two so I can be certain before I agree to incur a probably costly repair expense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What a drag. No frames even? Maybe you spooled the film outbackward so the film wasn't facing the right way and rolled it up inverted somehow? I mean, that would be hard to do, but it would be the easiest thing to "fix". When you took out your finished roll, there must have been film markings saying "exposed" fold this flap under, etc. and maybe a sticky strip to keep the roll spoolled up?

Sorry to explore this obvious angle, but otherwise I can't image what would cause you to have a BLANK roll. A light leak of any kind would at least give you some sort of square frames on the film. I shoot with a Rollei and a Yashica, so I can't help you out, but good luck figuring out the troubles.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin