Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,044   Online: 780

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Maybe it wasn't such a bargain then!

I'm off to Robert White, my local toy shop right now, so will see if they still have the filter. Unless Tom found it was still available......

Have to say only used 80XL once with Acros and it has produced great results.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford View Post
    Maybe it wasn't such a bargain then!

I'm off to Robert White, my local toy shop right now, so will see if they still have the filter. Unless Tom found it was still available......

Have to say only used 80XL once with Acros and it has produced great results.
    Baxter,

Certainly check the lens before the purchase of the filter. But, I know for the 75mm lens I wanted the option. You may find it to be OK for you. As I said, the one person had an early lens. It needed to be readjusted by Schneider. He also was very critical in his opinion. But, it discouraged me from the purchase. And it is not an inexpensive lens by any stretch of the imagination. Also, Bob Salomon is also probably basing his opinion on what he has read (including the published Schneider graphs) and heard from others.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I see every photog has an own meaning on thad!
    I very seldom use a CF on my 47 XL and on my 55 APO Grandagon and I use them with 4x5 not with 5,6 x 12 cm!
    If I would use it only for 6x12 I would not have one!
    My 2 cents!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Also, Bob Salomon is also probably basing his opinion on what he has read (including the published Schneider graphs) and heard from others.
    Same with my opinions, except that I own and use both Angulons and Super Angulons. Yes, there is a difference. Yes, it can be visible. So why don't anyone use center filters on plain old Angulons??? They need it more, but since the angle of coverage is smaller they are usually not used for quite as wide shots, so the falloff towards the corners of any given film size is less (I use a 90mm f:6.8 Angulon on 4x5", and a 90mm Super-Angulon f:8 on both 4x5" and 5x7").
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The thing is I can get a new Nikkor 65 for a great price from BH photovideo...miles cheaper than a 58XL at any rate. I am happy that I can get away with the 65 without CF but for colour I suspect I will need one on 612. The 65 F4 Nikkor plus CF is teh same price as the 58XL without. A used 64 f4 being even cheaper. Looks like the Nikkor 65 f4 is the winner...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For what it is worth, I never thought it necessary to use a CF on my 65mm nikon lens, except when shooting 4x5 and applying some rise/shift.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin