Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,722   Online: 864

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's no big deal, my 150 SF does that all the time, of course, I"m usually changing one of the diffusion discs when I do that, though. I've had a few that needed disassembly and cleaning, C versions mostly, due to internal fogging (prob evaporating lube vapors, think hot trunk in summer.)

erie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You may be right about the lubrication materials. My 180 and 65 came from completely different sources and both had a mild fogging on the internal elements that required cleaning. The 90 merely had dust between the cells making up the front assembly, and in the shutter body. Being one that has difficulty putting on a postage stamp crooked, I had to clean them out...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 180mm lens doesn't have a rear cell so cleaning the back of the front lens cell is easy to do without removing the lens. But if you say the dust particles are between the front cell's glass, then perhaps taking the front element off with a spanner is indeed the only solution. I don't understand how this dust could have gotten in since the cell is usually sealed quite well. I wounder if the e-bay sales person tampered with the lens prior to selling it?

Have it checked, most repairmen won't charge you for a peek. I'll take a look at it, just pay round trip postage. If I can do the CLA to fix the dust problem, I get $50. If I can't get to the dust, I'll send it back and not charge you anything for the look.

E-mail me at automax1@juno.com
    Paul, NYC
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin