Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,219   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kb244 View Post
    You say its 'big enough', but have you actually successfully scaned a 6x6?
    I did, here's
    two

examples

Granted, it is not an ideal scanner for 6x6, but it can be done.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know then, not many 35mm-onlys canners especially with a seperate transparency adapter can do medium format. Though the good thing bout it however is, the larger format does yeild higher resolution at the same target size.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sadly, things don't improve much with a bigger scanner meant for 35mm and 120mm. I have an Epson 4870 Pro flatbed scanner with Silverfast software, Firewire connections and it takes forever to scan my 120 negatives. I can only scan 6x7 and 645 frames one at a time. The higher the scan resolution, the longer the wait. I can batch scan 35mm negatives and mounted slides much quicker, but scanning any of these images at a high resolution is like watching fingernails grow. I'm sure there has to be a better way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well Scan View doesn't work all that well. Why do scanners limit the area you can scan in transparency mode to 35mm format? I figure I just need to fine a better scanner.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewz View Post
    Well Scan View doesn't work all that well. Why do scanners limit the area you can scan in transparency mode to 35mm format? I figure I just need to fine a better scanner.
    Andy
    Going by the manufacturer specs does not work either. I was so frustrated with the Epson 4870 that I called them to find out why I could not batch scan 120 film shot in 645 format. They had no clue what I was talking about. If I remember correctly they blamed the problem on my camera! The plastic film holders they provide make you think that you can scan three rows of negatives at three frames per line. This would make it 9 images you could batch scan. It does not work. Forget 6x7. I wonder if these scanner companies do any research with actual photographers before releasing a scanner? Ok, no more venting for me today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin