Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,109   Online: 852

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adjusting diaphram on SMC pentax 165mm f/2,8

I was perhaps a bit too fast in buying this lens and I have found out that the blades in the diaphram makes an odd shape at f/4.0 to f/5.6+½.The opening is symetric but the edges is kind of "starlike" well not quite but I don't know how to descripe it more precise. Can the aperture blades be adjusted? will it cost a fortune? The lens was cheap and I may be happy to use it either wide open or stopped down to f/8. There is a waranty on it so maybe.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used this lens for years and it has great bokeh - dont worry about the blades....unless you shoot at night and are concerned about the shape of lights.....see an example here

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/bokeh.htm

and here ( some links broken )

http://members.aol.com/dcolucci/p67.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Luvcameras
    Are you saying that the strange shape made by the aperture blades until stopped down to f/5.6 is normal for this lens?
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    can I see the shape ? I dont know what you think "strange shape" is

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After reading this post, I was curious so I looked at the shape of the aperture on my 165 pentax lens. When it's barely stopped down (f/4.0 to f/5.6), I noticed it has kind of a circular saw tooth shape. It's normal. No lens has a perfect circle shaped aperture opening, especially if it's only slightly stopped down.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin