Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,606   Online: 835

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my P67, and I use it more than any other camera I've ever owned. But I also have a Mamiya C220 that is lighter and more fun to carry for a long time (and on a lighter tripod). I must say, though, that i once borrowed a companion's Hassy and couldn't believe how light it was. I think if a body, back and three lenses hadn't been more than three times the price of the Pentax outfit which also included three lenses, I'd have chosen it at the time.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    When she learned its age, my girlfriend asked me not if, but how crazy I was to pay what I paid for my Hassy 500CM. I replied that once in every man's life he should buy the best, and since I didn't have a Harley Davidson, the Hassy was a surrogate.

Guess who got that line back in his face when he DID buy a Harley???

How can you NOT buy a Harley??

And yes, I own a HD and shoot a Hassy 500CM. I also like to use a Yashicamat and a compact folder, the Super Ikonta B.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I find that for 35mm I love rangefinders, but for MF, an SLR is my cup of tea! (I keep going back to MF SLR's despite a brief stint with a rangefinder and a couple of TLR's I have laying around)

What say you guys?
    What's 35mm?

I have had and used, a Rolleiflex 2.8E2, a Mamiya RB67, a Holga, and my Hasselblad 500CM. Started MF with the RB, borrowed a 500CM for a workshop when I had a broken leg and couldn't tote the RB around. Sold the RB because the 500CM was just better. Much better. Bought the E2 to play with, nice camera, but I prefer the 500CM. Bought a Holga to play with, it melted in the truck at headquarters when it was 129 degrees outside. Haven't replaced it yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I love my Mamiya 645 Super. It's light enough to take into the wilderness and quick enough to catch my daughter playing soccer. Got rid of all the 35mm gear after seeing the difference in image quality.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the mamiya 645 and 7II I absolutely love the 7II. Only thing that gets me to put it down is when I pull out my Littman. both fit on my old crappy tripod so the carbon fiber tripod stays at home along with most the time my LF gear. Between the littman which fits in a small fanny pack, and the 7II which is in a small backpack I can do medium and 4x5 with less weight than most other systems.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    Yea Jerevan,

But aren't you from Sweden??? :o

Rich
    Rich, don't worry - I was just kidding a bit!
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, Aggie, I sent you a PM yesterday. No response, no read receipt, and no pending read receipts. Would you know whether there's a bug in the PM system or a feature that prevents deadbeats from sending PMs?

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Hey, Aggie, I sent you a PM yesterday. No response, no read receipt, and no pending read receipts. Would you know whether there's a bug in the PM system or a feature that prevents deadbeats from sending PMs?

Cheers,

Dan
    I answered you. arrrrggghhh Aggie.P@gmail.com email me and I will get back to you asap, after a potty break.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The two most ergonomic medium format systems I have used are the Contax 645 and the Rollei 6008i with handgrip. Really easy to use for hand held shooting. I have enterained the idea of getting a MF rangefinder, either a Bronica RF645 or Mamiya 7 II, though the Bronica is frozen in development time by having few lens choices, and the Mamiya 7 just feels really cheap and fragile (except for the lenses).

I have rented/borrowed Mamiya RZ67 systems previously. Real workhorse camera, though nearly too much for hand held shooting. Another system I find interesting, though have not tried, is the Fuji GX680, another fairly heavy camera system.

So currently, other than sticking a Linhof back on my 4x5, I am using a collection of odd folding cameras, or assembled franken-cameras in medium format. My favourite is a 1937 AGFA Jsolette that allows 6x4.5 and 6x6 shooting, though it is a viewfinder camera with guess focusing. I also sometimes like using my old Polaroid 250 Automatic, though film choices are more limited.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
    A G Studio

CGross
    Although not alot of experience with many of those already mentioned. I really enjoy my 2 Mamiya TLR's (C330f & C33). The only wish...a polaroid back!!
    A bit heavy to carry around the neck, but in my Tamrac backpack one TLR with a 35mm setup, it's not too bad.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin