Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,927   Online: 1192

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now I know why I love the M7.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rpsawin View Post
    Well, I just added a Mamiya 7II to my MF gear. I have wanted one for sometime. This afternoon I walked into one of my favorite camera stores and sitting in the case was a mint 7II with a 65mm & 150mm lens. Priced seperately it was around $1,850, but as a package I paid $1,500. I just could not pass it up. So tomorrow I'll take it out for a test drive.

Bob
    Normally I don't reply to my own posts, but....

I got my chromes back from the test I did and I have to say I am very pleased with the results. Both lenses appear to be top notch performers and the camera's meter, while taking some time to get used to, is spot on. I saw no signs of light leaks or other issues. I think I did well.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mediumformatphoto View Post
    Depends on the job! I equally love using a Rolleiflex TLR, Kowa 6MM, and the always wonderful 3x4 Graflex Super D (I have three roll film backs for it). Also Mamiya C330s or C220 with the excellent 180 Super lens (reason enough to get a Mamiya TLR), neither of which has ever failed in hundreds of rolls of film.

Ultimately, whichever camera you have in your hands loaded and ready to shoot is best, and that will depend on which cameras you most like to shoot (as opposed to look at, put on a shelf, etc.) Attached is a pic of my Super D, which gets plenty of action
    What a great GRAFLEX!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The only camera that follows me around the house and sometimes even sleeps on my bedroom dresser is my rolleiflex. Seems like a magic camera sometimes. Seems like I always get great results with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My favourite MF --as a matter of fact, my only MF, so my opinion may be biassed -- is a TLR, a Mamiya C3 to be specific. I bought a 65 mm lens (or should I use the plural form?) last week, in addition to the 80 mm. The Mamiya is a brick, but it handles really well.

I've done IR photography with a 35mm SLR... Can't be done without tripod. Put camera on tripod, compose, screw on IR filter, take picture, remove filter, repeat. I've recently shot a roll of IR film using the TLR; a real nice advantage of the twin lens No tripod needed, much easier to just point and shoot.

Another possible favourite: if I can get my hands on an SQ-A(i)/B for a good price, I just might get one.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    What a great GRAFLEX!
    Thanks! It is just as much fun to use!

R.J.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin