Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,238   Online: 961

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THardy View Post
    Buy Mamiya! They are cheap and Good! An almost new RZ67pro2 kit costs about $900-1000. Other models are much cheaper.
    Meh, gona go with mamiya, might as well save your pennies for a good glass, and get an RB67 body for less than 200$ or a cheap complete outfit for less than 250$ With whats out there, paying more than 400-500 would seem insane when there are alternatives thats nearly identical.
    -Karl Blessing
    Karl Blessing.com
    The Bokeh
    Color Film always existed. It's just the world was always black and white till recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good luck with the P6 and K60.

It's not the body cost, it's the cost, range & general quality of the lenses and other accessories that make the system attractive.

I love using my P6, regardless of whether I'm shooting with the CZJ 50, 80 or 120mm lenses. Next items will be either a 30mm or 180mm.

For the brighter screen, I had one fitted from a Kiev, with microprisms. This makes focusing in dim light quite easy, even when the 120mm is on a short tube (ideal for baby portraits!). I also got it CLA'd and a film wind indicator fitted (as a precaution, I'd never had spacing problems).

Learn how to load the camera properly and you should have no frame spacing problems.

Look forward to seeing your results.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been a Kievaholic for about five years, I've been writing about them for as long on the Delphi Kiev Forum. Mike Fourman is basically a one-man business, and he can't offer anything more than trading out something not working right. If you do that, you might get something even worse than what you are replacing. He travels over there frequently (his business basically shuts down while he is gone). He has connections at the Kiev factory, and the "real" Hartblei.

He has been OK to deal with over the years, overall. But I'm not defending him, I am just relating my experiences.

http://hassydan.tripod.com to see some older images
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 10-30-2006 at 07:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I know Mike personally. His business is a 5 min. drive from my house, so I just visit him. What the previous poster said is true. I have never had a problem with him. He is an easygoing, honest man as far as I've known.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Kiev and such

I have a Hartblei, which is an upgraded "blueprinted" version of the Kiev 88 CM

Never had a problem with it, although I got a Hasselblad and use it more, since it is a tad more reliable. The Kiev shift tilt lenses are really good, as is the 150mm f 2.8, providing you can heave the thing-it is a load.

Mike Fourman and his helper (wife?) are great to work with and you will not be dissatisfied with them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    May I intervene somewhat in this discussion? I am interested in possibly purchasing a Kiev 6X6 slide projector as a backup for my P-11 Rollei which, typically, tends to jam, particularly when one is in the middle of a lecture/presentation. Any experience with Kiev projectors or advice? The listed cost for a new Kiev "automatic" projector is about $260 and, allowing for $100 shipping, the price is still attractive.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin