Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,064   Online: 915

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bronica EC-TTL....I Could not help myself!

Well, now I have done it. I have been doing LF for essentially for the last 3+ years and accumulated lots of equipment....thinking I was out of MF. But, I pulled out my Bronica S2A this past weekend for some shots of the nephew I started checking out the prices of the Bronica EC-TTL system. BOY....have the cost of the this system gone down in the last 2 years.

To make a long story, short. I am now in the doghouse.....Bought what appears to be a nice EC-TTL which was recently CLA'd, an extra back, two extra screens, and the macro bellows with Tilt & Shift. I so enjoy the 6x6 format....and MF is soooooooo much easier to set up for the fading sunset etc. Oh well, I am sure I will like the doghouse given I have most of the Bronica-Nikkor lens already.

I believe I will be able to use it more and carry it in the old truck in my Pelican case.

BTW, if anyone wants to move up to LF, I just posted a Deardorff V8 for sale on apug....it is nice and if sold....it will get me out of the doghouse sooner than later.

Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Heh. Every once in a while I think of selling off my Bronica kit, as I shoot more and more large format, but whenever I use it, I always get great results and wonder why I don't use it more often.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Same with me. I have an EC, an ECTL and a parts/junker ECTL. Prices have gone down so much, that I won't even bother to put them on eBay anymore. As long as 120/220 film stays available it still is a great camera system.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the EC-TTL arrived today. The battery tested dead, so I had it replaced with another 6v battery (Kodak 28L) battery, but I still cannot get the meter to light up. If I understand the procedures correctly, the LED's should light up when either the depth of field preview button or shutter button are pressed. I have tried the shutter speed dial to all the shutter speeds, including the red A (auto) button, but no luck. I have tried to get the meter to light up with the shutter cocked, both with the back on and off. This Bronica EC-TTL was advertised as having been CLA'd in the last 2 weeks, but I cannot get the meter to light up and I did notice the foam seal around the view screen is turning to tar. The shutter does fire and it sounds accurate. Lastly, the button to change the film speed does not seem right in that it is suppose to have an ASA setting range of 25 to 3200, but is it suppose to turn any particular way to set the film speed? It seems the ASA dial can be set by rotating the dial in the center of the shutter speed dial film speed button is depressed only so far in one direction and then has to be reveresed to reach other ASA settins. The bright side, assuming I cannot get this camera to work, there is a 90 day warranty. Any insight and assistance are appreciated. Thanks. Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin