Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,528   Online: 976

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mamiya 7/7II

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya 7/7II

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Mamiya 7 and 7II?

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Price is one of them!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe cable release thread is in a different supposedly better position and the viewfinder is a bit brighter. I have the first model but have not compared it to the II.
    Try here:
    http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...d.php?p=397944

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are pretty much the same, the only noticeable thing I know is the viewfinder, the focusing patch is more clear under all conditions than it was on the 7 due polarization.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The II has a provision for double exposure.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If you where to buy only one, buy the 7 II.

The rangefinder of the II is greatly improved over the 7. Dichroic filters were added to the viewfinder to improve focus.

I had the original 7. Mamiya allowed me to upgrade to the 7 II. I've never looked back.

If you are in the market for this camera system, get the II model body. Also if you get a 150 mm lens, test it before buying. This lens had some manufacturing difficulties, so some do not couple with the rangefinder properly resulting in terrible focusing problems. All the other lenses for this system are fantastic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would agree - I sent mine back, but if it turned out that I wanted one, I would definitely get the 7ii. They can be pricey in the US (significantly more than overseas), so a new-in-box camera from overseas costs the same as a used example in the US.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the old 7 and I have no issues with it. I am sure the 7II is better in the ways mentioned above, but for the price I paid for mine I wouldn't have gotten close to getting a 7II. Just because the 7II is better doesn't mean the 7 is bad.

Images
    I haven't used the 7 II, but I do have two of the 7s. I got one of my 7 bodies, looks brand new, for just a smidge over $400. I'm very happy with it and was glad to have the extra money to buy glass. I don't need double exposure and the viewfinder is fine as is.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is also another difference between the I and II. That's the curtain closing handle. You have to put the handle (II) in upright position for an easier closing of the curtain. Also the depth of the body (II) is 3mm smaller to be precise. The exposure compensation knob is rounded (II) instead square (I). But the most important upgrade is the Multi-exposure facility and the improved Viewfinder.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin