Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,282   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Rebecca,

Ernst Wildi's book has a very technical approach and I found it hard to read. The quality of the pictures featured is quite disappointing. This book deals almost exclusively with Hasselblad cameras, so you'd better look elsewhere to learn how to use your Yashica TLR.

Roger Hicks' and Frances Schultz's book is a very good introduction to MF and LF photography and is easily available new. You could also try to get "Medium-Format Handbook: A Guide to Rollfilm Photography", Roger Hicks' previous book on the subject (ISBN: 0713716576), which is available used trough Amazon.com. This one also includes some funny pictures of a younger Roger.

Theodore Disante's book is the second best choice, but it is not available new and is quite hard to find used. "Medium Format Cameras" by Peter Williams (ISBN: 1584280425) offers a similar approach as Disante's book, is available new, but the general quality of the book is poorer IMHO. It features a few pages on the Yashica TLRs.

Cheers,

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Thanking yeee

Brilliant - many thanks off to purchase suggested reading matter
    best
    Rebecca

p.s can not wait to develop my first roll - the thrill I got when I got my first glimpse through the view finder was ridiculous! One thinks I may be taking all this slightly too seriously.......................!:

http://www.rebecca-sichelcoates.com
    Thanks

Rebecca

www.rebecca-sichelcoates.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaSC View Post
    Brilliant - many thanks off to purchase suggested reading matter
    best
    Rebecca

p.s can not wait to develop my first roll - the thrill I got when I got my first glimpse through the view finder was ridiculous! One thinks I may be taking all this slightly too seriously.......................!:

http://www.rebecca-sichelcoates.com
    Rebecca,

After you shoot that first roll you may want to check out this thread I started once I did my first:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum51/32843-shot-my-first-roll-503cxi-now-what.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Rebecca,
    As a Yashica 124G and Mamiya 6x7 and Fuji 6x7 owner I believe that Wildi (Focal Press) is worth checking out. He does have a bias toward square format, and that's fine for your Yashica, but he covers several other medium formats as well. You may find yourself liking 6x6 enough to try 6x7 or 6x9, or wanting the non parallax accuracy of a SLR MF camera, and Wildi covers them.
    Regards - Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin