Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,785   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Multi Format

Focus throw on Mamiya 645 lenses

I just bought a 110/2.8 as my first "bargain" lens from KEH. As a number of you have said, KEH's idea of bargain condition is pretty damn good...

The only thing I'm not sure I like about the lens is that closest focus to infinity is something like 300deg of rotation on the focus ring. The lens is the older, non-N version. Does anyone know if the N version has the same throw or does it have faster focus?

Thanks,
    Dean

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I just checked my 150mm and 300mm (both N lenses), and the 150 requires about 180deg, and the 300 about 270deg. Perhaps this is a 'feature' of the non-n lenses?

BTW, I agree about Keh. I purchased almost my entire 645 kit from them. Very reasonable prices.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    All my lenses have to be turned a lot to get them from close to far. Never really considered it a problem, in fact it is a benefit. The farther you have to turn them, the more precise they can be. All of my lenses are the older type except maybe the 500-f5.6 and I don't remember what that one is. You might need to check on the APO lenses to get a faster focus, but that's just a guess since I can't afford them.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mine are that way also, but I've never considered it a problem. I often feel that it allows me to get finer control over focus, but it could also be that I'm just used to the way they work...

- Randy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin