Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,734   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmmm could be good advice, but off course such a thing is unavailable ererywhere, I'll keep out looking since I indeeed hae a 200mm too.

anyone else on the cast thing, and brands?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Most new polarizers these days are circular, so you may not find anything else offered.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 67 that I owned, did not require a circular, but as Robert said, the circulars are far more common now a days, so a linear could be difficult to find, you might check on ebay, I have picked a ton of good quality filters up for a really good price on there, far less expensive than many of the retail outlets.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by game View Post
    hmmm could be good advice, but off course such a thing is unavailable ererywhere, I'll keep out looking since I indeeed hae a 200mm too.

anyone else on the cast thing, and brands?
    If you are considering the other lenses for the system, I would consider John's suggestion in getting the 77mm Polarizer and a step-up ring from 67mm to 77mm. As to filter makes, I would tend to bite the bullet and consider a Circular Polarizer from Hoya, B & W, Heliopan, of Singh-Ray (all their Polarizers are circular). If you decide to use the Cokin P System holder and Cokin P size filters, you could consider getting a Singh-Ray filter in the P size. It will cover filter sizes up to 82mm. The new Lighter Brighter Singh-Ray filters will allow more light through (about 1/2 - 1 stop more) than the other makes. As a result, the Singh-Ray filters will make focusing a little easier and allow you to shoot at a little faster shutter speed. Presently, I do not see regular Polarizing Filters on their Website. They used to make them. I am sure that they will make them for you. If you decide to go that way, ask about the filter in the new Lighter Brighter version.

Here is the Singh-Ray link:

http://www.singh-ray.com/

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    B+W calls their linear polarizer a "Top Polarizer." I use linear polarizers. The only camera I have that would require a circular polarizer is my Canon New F-1, and I tend to use that mainly with long lenses that have drop-in filters, for which a polarizer is unavailable or impractical, and on the very odd occasion that I might want a polarizer with a shorter lens (not that it wouldn't be useful--I just tend to shoot other formats more), I can just calculate the exposure compensation manually.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Walimex, does anyone knows that brand??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never heard of it?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pentax Polarizor

The polarizor I have on my 105 says Asahi Pentax 67 right on it. Very nice. Has the little pentax bayonet connectors as well. I love the filter and use it even in studio with portraits and studio lights. Got it off ebay for 20 something dollars and is mint condition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    The polarizor I have on my 105 says Asahi Pentax 67 right on it. Very nice. Has the little pentax bayonet connectors as well. I love the filter and use it even in studio with portraits and studio lights. Got it off ebay for 20 something dollars and is mint condition.
    well that's a great find indeed.
    but I aint gonna wait for smething likek that to come along.
    I found something, that's produced by schneider, for a decent price. so I think I am gonna go for that.
    Greets game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin