Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,936   Online: 1129

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

I need a polarizer filter for my pentax 67's 105mm

Hi there,
    this is a simple question.
    I want to buy a filter for my pentax 67's 105mm lens. But I don't know it's diameter. The lens does not give any info on that. When measuring I measure 67mm, but it could also be 68 or 66.
    I am sure someone here knows what I should have.

One other question:
    I will buy a polarizing filter for my pentax 67, any suggestions or things I should pay attention to?
    Brands that are good, brand to avoid. Circular/linear?

Thanks in advance!!! kind regards game

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would probably be a 67mm, since that is a standard size (68 or 66 aren't).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    67mm, that is pretty much a standard sized filter in the Medium format lenses..

Linear will work fine on the 67...stick to a good name brand and you will be fine, some of the cheaper polarizers can have a color cast to them..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    67mm, that is pretty much a standard sized filter in the Medium format lenses..

Linear will work fine on the 67...stick to a good name brand and you will be fine, some of the cheaper polarizers can have a color cast to them..

Dave
    I just confirmed it on the B & H Photo website, the Pentax 105mm f 2.4 lens takes a 67mm filter.

I agree with Dave to get a good Polarizing filter. If shooting color transparencies, you may wish to opt for a warm Polarizing filter.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as far as I know, the linear filter and the circular perform the same but the circular should be used with autofocus or TTL camera's.
    I use none of those both methods, so I guess there is no reason to buy a circular. Or is there?

Second, yes I guess it should be 67 then...

Third, what are good brands?

THANKS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On your manual focus camera, there is no reason to spend the extra money for the circular, they both do the same thing, but the extra expence is not needed.

Brands, I use Tiffen, Hoya's, B+W and helopans, I know alot of people use Helos and B+W's but normally I have not found much of a difference, the most important thing is to make sure it does not have a color cast..

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you have TTL metering that uses a beamsplitter (like many Canon cameras--even FD era), that's another case where you should use a circular polarizer, but I don't think that's the case with the Pentax 6x7.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how do you find out about cast, when buying over the internet?
    thanks, game

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Consider buying a 77mm filter, and get a step up ring for the 105 lens (67-77). I have the 55, 105, 135, and 200mm lenses. The 55 and 200mm lenses use the 77mm filter, and the 105 and 135 use the 67, so the one large filter fits all the lenses when the step-up ring is used. If and when you may acquire any of those others, you're already set with filters. BTW...I use a circular polarizer, not a linear one.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Leica R series camera need the circular polarizers as well. As David has said, I do not know the Pentax 6 X 7 Cameras and if they need the Circular Polarizers as well. As far as I know, both the B & W and the Heliopan filters use Schott Glass. I have for now stopped using my Heliopan Linear and Circular Polarizers because I am now almost always the Singh-Ray Circular Warm Polarizing Filters (their glass is outstanding). The newest of their filters that I have is their Lighter Brighter Warm Polarizing Filter. But the Singh-Ray Polarizers are Circular. I use the Warm Polarizers because I am shooting 99.9% Transparencies.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin