Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,441   Online: 1064

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    That is one explanation and the most likely, but also I was thinking that some pro or semi-photographers might want a new lens, and this would offer an alternative.

Though it rather depends upon the price, though my wife was eyeing the 50mm Distagon.
    In 1981 I bought a brand new (black) 50mm ZEISS Distagon T* for my Hassleblad 501 CM. It is a very nice lens that cost a lot of money.

In 1999 I bought a brand new multi-coated 60mm Schneider Curtagon in Exacta 66/Pentacon 6 mount from a German dealer for less than $500 USD delivered to me in the USA I shoot it on my Pentacon 6TL (with MLU) and my MLU Arax 88 CM.

The on-film performance (color and B&W film) of my 60mm Schneider lens is at least the equivalent of my 50mm Hassleblad/Zeiss lens.

The 80mm Zeiss lenses that I have used on Rollei 66 cameras have demonstrated fully equivalent performance to their Hassleblad mounted siblings.

The 50mm T* Zeiss Distagon is a fine lens and if I were in the market for one, I'd get a used one from KEH.
    Last edited by Tom Hoskinson; 11-10-2006 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    In 1981 I bought a brand new (black) 50mm ZEISS Distagon T* for my Hassleblad 501 CM.
    Perhaps that was a 500CM, Tom?? 501CM = 1997-2005.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does this mean that since I have only C lenses made in the 70's for my Hasselblad that I no longer have mega bling? That I should hang my head in shame when others observe me making photographs at or near -282? I'll ever be able to photograph in public in Vegas either? I feel shame.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If God has an eternity for his photography, wouldn't he use LF?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    If God has an eternity for his photography, wouldn't he use LF?
    ULF or the ultimate resolution -- REALITY!
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Perhaps that was a 500CM, Tom?? 501CM = 1997-2005.
    I goofed, of course it's a 500 CM.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    To be honest, I`m not even a bit excited with this Zeiss offer, they look nice for sure, but I question the real advantages over existing series (besides the C`s) of Zeiss/Hasselblad optics.
    I use CF`s and love the black and rugged construction of the series, the shutter is reliable and optically they are just fantastic, what else one needs then?
    I see this proposal from Zeiss more as a prestige manouver and mainly with the collector`s market as target.
    With so many functional and fantastic CF´s, CFI`s, CFE`s in the used market, who`s (maybe besides a collector or rich individual) paying premium for an external face-lift?

When I`m finally ready to buy my Distagon 50mm, I will be searching for the good, old, reliable black CF series.

Those yes, a real "Classic"!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just feel happy for Cosina, a once humble manufacturer of cheap and cheerfuls and just look at them now. They found a niche and jumped in with both size 10's. They supported traditional photography when all seemed bleak, so they deserve all the success that they have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    To be honest, I`m not even a bit excited with this Zeiss offer, [... bunch of stuff talking about how expensive they are...]
    When I`m finally ready to buy my Distagon 50mm, I will be searching for the good, old, reliable black CF series.

Those yes, a real "Classic"!

Cheers

André
    I try to buy new whenever I can since it will tend to support the manufacturer, and there are usually fewer problems when buying sight unseen (where I live this is the only option without an expensive trip to NYC).

Hasselblad I usually can't afford to buy new, even these new lenses (though I have no idea how expensive it is, I can guess!).

I am not in a hurry to buy the Distagon, since we don't have the money saved up for it yet (even used), and we would have other priorities.

Also, anyone know the prices for the lenses?
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tony lockerbie View Post
    I just feel happy for Cosina, a once humble manufacturer of cheap and cheerfuls and just look at them now. They found a niche and jumped in with both size 10's. They supported traditional photography when all seemed bleak, so they deserve all the success that they have.
    You bet! I think it is fantastic that Cosina's camera making is going really well. They way I understand it, they are growing, too!

(I even think they make parts for D^&*(%^&L cameras.)
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin