Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,167   Online: 1221

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Also remember you will need to increase your exposure by a full stop when using one of these puppies.
    Maybe it`s better to increase 2 stops, just in case...!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the additional advice André!

P.S. Are you guys the only Hasselblad users in this forum? Just wondering. It would be nice to get in touch with photographers using a similar system. What's the best forum to hang out? An online forum dedicated to using a Hasselblad system.

Sorry mods for the OT.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6by6cm View Post
    P.S. Are you guys the only Hasselblad users in this forum? Just wondering. It would be nice to get in touch with photographers using a similar system. What's the best forum to hang out? An online forum dedicated to using a Hasselblad system.
    No, there are many more Hasselblad users around here and this one is "The Forum" to hang out for sure.
    Keep asking your questions or sharing your thoughts, more users will pop up.
    There are some online hasselblad dedicated forums, but to be honest, none of those are so helpful as this one.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    No, there are many more Hasselblad users around here and this one is "The Forum" to hang out for sure.
    Keep asking your questions or sharing your thoughts, more users will pop up.
    There are some online hasselblad dedicated forums, but to be honest, none of those are so helpful as this one.

Cheers

André
    It's nice to hear that this is "The Forum" to hang out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A 1.5x converter (80mm-120mm) might be better than 2x for portraiture. It should allow you to crop in tight for head shots, and won't lose quite as much detail/lens speed as with a 2x converter. In my experience with converters, there is a significant quality difference between a converted focal length and an actual focal length (if the longer lens is decent quality). IMO (based on my experience), with medium format film, cropping an image from an unconverted lens will give just as good of print (or better) as printing full frame from a converted lens.

A longer lens or a 2x converter isn't really going to help for close up (product) photography. You end up shooting from too far away. When you photograph products, you are basically shooting still life. If you want to do close up still life that 'pops', there's no substitute for a macro extension tube (or a dedicated macro lens) IMHO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 6by6cm View Post
    Thanks for info Mike. I'll check out KEH.
    Check out eBay too. Every tube I have came from there and at cheaper prices than I've seen mentioned here.

Good Luck,

B

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill is right, if you need extension tubes ebay is the place, i picked up a really nice 55mm for 36$ That is by the way no good for an 80mm in portrait "mode".

jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know if your more immediate need is for telephoto or macro (different ends of the scale), but if telephoto is your more immediate need, and you wind up getting a 2x converter, you can always take out the lens elements and use it for a macro tube after you get a longer lens (or you could put the lens elements back in and use it for both).

Both the teleconverters I've had have ended up being used as macro extention tubes (with the lens elements removed).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Max, Bill and Jan for the advice!

As of now, I think I need a teleconverter more since I'll be using it for portrait close-ups. Later on, when I get longer lens, I'll try to convert it to an extension tube like what Max suggested.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin