Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,658   Online: 966

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    One Camera---Mamiya C330F. Heavy (slows you down in composing), interchangable lenses and a manual camera that can be cleaned, fixed and CLA'ed long past my lifetime (in my opinion).
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just to finish the story that started with my first question of suitable TLR:

My brother-in-law has only tasted the beauties of 6x6 MF for a few days (on friday he acquired a Rolleiflex as noted above, on sunday we printed some shots from his first film), and he was so taken that on monday he bought an enlarger with the whole darkroom stuff needed.

Today he even forced me to use my account on the auction site to buy a Fuji GSW690II for him... (he doesn't have his own account, but surely, that is only a matter of time )

So everyone toying with the idea of looking at MF should be aware that the infection is extremely contagious.... (and I'm enjoying the idea I can work on him to move even larger )

Jiri
    Last edited by poutnik; 11-28-2006 at 11:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarification of meaning after I re-read it
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the "rest of the story" on your brother-in-law.

Good luck with him, and to him..!

I came into MF the same way - a 6x6 TLR, then a 6x9 Kodak Medalist (much older and much cheaper than your BIL's Fuji - but still very good).

I figure if Rolleiflexes and Kodak Medalists were good enough for people like Diane Arbus (Rollei) and Ansel Adams (sometimes a Medalist user), then it's certainly not the cameras' fault if I don't produce good work.

I suspect many here have taken the same steps into MF.

It's an excellent adventure, isn't it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin