Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,128   Online: 1184

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ross always did a great job on my Norita cameras. Always got them back when promised,too. It always kind of made me laugh to see the look on the UPS driver's faces when they would deliver his boxes with his crazy broadsides taped to the sides. I stopped using him the day I called him to check on a camera and he said "Say, do you know that black people account for 3/4 of all violent crime in the US?" I said "Why no, Ross, I didn't realize that" all the while looking down at my daughter (who is half black). I didn't really find it all that funny after that.
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Krikor Maralian has kept my Rolleiflex 3.5F 12/24 Planar in great working order over the years. That has included removal of fungus just starting in the lens, C&L, meter replacement, shutter spring replacement, shutter and meter adjustments, etc.

Krikor can be reached at:

Krimar Photo Shop
    105B Broadway (Rt 4)
    Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
    (201) 796-0544

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know it's 3,000 miles away but I had Krimar do a complete overhaul on my 3.5f a few months ago. The turnaround time was two days, of course I was able to drive there.

Funny thing, when I picked up my camera the UPS guy was just leaving. He had dropped off a box with about 9 Rollei TLR's in it. So what "expert camera tech" is sending Krimar cameras? Is this why some guys have a long turnaround time? Man I wish I had seen the return label.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    I recommend Todd Belcher without reservation. Todd is near Vancouver -- he bought out F+H's Canadian repair division when it shut down so, in addition to knowing the cameras inside-out, he has all the parts to return your Rollei to as new condition. Todd works on Rolleiflexes in his spare time, and his availability depends on what's going in in the rest of his life. He's overhauled two Rolleiflexes for me, and I cannot say enough good things about his work. He is also a reliable source of Rolleiflex parts and accessories, and has a large inventory of Rolleiflexes available for purchase.

Email: Todd_Belcher@telus.net

Sanders McNew
    Where is Mr. Belcher located? Does he have a shop in/near Vancouver? If so, that would be great, as I live in Vancouver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had one camera serviced by Yerkes. yes, he did a good job. But I don't want racist "literature" with every camera CLA. So I'll never use his services again. That was my choice - other people may decide differently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Todd is a regular on the RUG. Seems like a great guy that helped me out in my early, formative, Rollei repair years
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

DN1

Shooter
    35mm

Ross Yerkes - Horrible Experience

Sent my camera to Ross Yerkes for a CLA. The man is totally. The camera was returned with an absolutely filthy screen and mirror. There also appear to be scratches on the screen. Have no idea if he performed any work on the camera at all, but have never gotten or heard of a camera returned from a CLA looking like this. I can only assume that this has something to do with my being of Jewish descent. About 5-6 pages of Anti-Semitic materials were enclosed with notes and annotations in red ink that matched the handwriting on the receipt (so it must be his). I cannot describe how offended, disgusted, and depressed I felt receiving this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did anyone use or get ahold of Todd Belcher in Vancouver?

edit- I sent an email to Todd Belcher. He responded and no longer repairs cameras and sold all his parts to Harry Fleenor.
    Last edited by Jeff L; 02-13-2012 at 08:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There was another repair guy who went off the farm and used to enclose religious material in the package. He passed away about six or seven years ago, maybe more.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    DM1, not to hijack the thread, what you describe *could* be considered, at minimum, a civil rights violation, so if you wish, you could report him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin