Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 843

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Krikor likes the F model Rollei, but he will turn up his nose at lesser or older models. I sent him three 1950's Automats in normal used shape (really not too bad, just needed CLA) and he phoned me to tell me they were "junk" and that he was returning them without working on them. He even wanted to rub it in by asking me how much I had paid for my junk (I chose not to share the amounts, but it was hundreds for each).

Having said that he did a nice job on my 2.8C for $160 plus shipping.

I would be careful what you send that particular gentleman, or you will just eat shipping two ways and get nothing for your money besides insults.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spoke to someone a couple of days ago who had Ross Yerkes do a CLA. While the work itself was good the material included, based on his description, was extremely offensive. Personally, I wouldn't support anyone with such offensive views - no matter how good the work nor how cheap the price.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    krimar did good basic service on a Vb, very quick turnaround: http://www.krimarphoto.com/About_us.htm

but i also had Fleenor do my 2.8 E and it, of course, came back like new.

And Essex Camera Repair in NJ is always dependable -- they did a Leica IIIf for me that two other repair people had failed to fix right, and a Rollei 35 S model.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Krikor

Krikor has worked on my Automat without making any disparaging comments. But it's been a few years—perhaps he's pickier now? Absolutely first-rate (and frighteningly fast) service. I'm only one state away from him, and door to door, with ordinary shipping, the camera was only gone a week.

--Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i had my rolleicord worked on by zack's camera repair here in ri.
    he did an amazing job ( its a 1a type 3 from the 30s )
    AND he's an apug advertiser ...

dpn
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another satisfied Paul Ebel customer here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might add that Krikor wanted to charge me $60 shipping to return my three Automats, until I reminded him that they were shipped to him very safely packed in a $15 Priority flat rate box. To his credit he did return them to me in a $15 flat rate box.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Has anyone sent their Rollei to Steve's Camera in Culver City?

http://www.stevecamera.com/index.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used Steve's for a CLA of the shutter on my Speed Graphic and was pleased (though they wrote my phone number down incorrectly and thus couldn't find me to give me an estimate), but then I'm a sample of one opinion, and about a different camera. I would give them a shot again partially because I like having a resource I can drive to and where I can get to know the people working on my camera.
    Pentax: 6x7 MLU
    Olympus: OM-1n
    Graflex: Miniature (2x3) Speed Graphic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To be short: not so great experiences with Paul Ebel but excellent service from Mark Hansen's Classic Camera Repair. One was able to CLA a pre-war Rolleiflex Automat and a Rolleicord V, not the other.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin