Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,812   Online: 1175

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Rolleiflex CLA/Who to use.

I am in the market for an older Rolleiflex TLR and would like recommendations for a CLA. Who would you use? I recently used Jurgen Kuschnik who did a great job on two of my SL 66's but he is moving back to Germany this week. I am familiar with Harry Fleenor, however, was hoping for a shorter turn around time than is typical for Harry. I am on the West Coast. Thanks for any suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ross Yerkes in LA did a competent job on my 2.8E a few years ago. About $150
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ross Yerkes, according to numerous posts I've read from customers, has a habit of sending you some rather, uh, odd political and religious tracts with your order. A number of people were highly offended.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Juergen did a fine job on a 2.8F I had a few years ago. If Ross sends odd things, does it matter if he did a good job on the Rollei?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recommend Todd Belcher without reservation. Todd is near Vancouver -- he bought out F+H's Canadian repair division when it shut down so, in addition to knowing the cameras inside-out, he has all the parts to return your Rollei to as new condition. Todd works on Rolleiflexes in his spare time, and his availability depends on what's going in in the rest of his life. He's overhauled two Rolleiflexes for me, and I cannot say enough good things about his work. He is also a reliable source of Rolleiflex parts and accessories, and has a large inventory of Rolleiflexes available for purchase.

Email: Todd_Belcher@telus.net

Sanders McNew

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You might try Klaus at Samy's in L.A. He used to work for Rollei, I believe.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Having gone the Harry Fleenor route, I can definitely speak for him. My camera (2.8c) took some time, but for a 54 year old camera, it is like new.

larry

Images

Rolleiflex TLR

I have used Paul Ebel many times for various lenses and cameras including two Rolleiflex TLR's. He is great. Fast turn around and reasonable prices.

Give him a call, he'll let you know what he'll need to do and what the charges will be..

As well, he is a great guy.

phone (651) 335-8759

paulebel44@yahoo.com

Donald

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by celluloidpropaganda View Post
    Ross Yerkes, according to numerous posts I've read from customers, has a habit of sending you some rather, uh, odd political and religious tracts with your order. A number of people were highly offended.
    I threw the little political paper in the trash. I didn't pay it much attention to be honest. All I can say is its been more than three years and the camera is still working perfectly. (I fix them myself now) I paid half of Fleenor's extortionate rate and got my camera back inside of two weeks.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey. I thought this was funny. In the New York Times Magaizine this past Sunday the "Ethicist" covers an issue mentioned here in this thread. here is a link. If you can't read it online, I'll copy in the text (thought that might be the sort of thing that "the ethicist" would tell me not to do!)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/ma...=1&oref=slogin

-------

The Ethicist
    Yarmulke Ruse

By RANDY COHEN
    Published: November 26, 2006

I stopped patronizing a mail-order company when it began including editorial content about Jesus in its catalog, finding that inappropriate. I now plan to visit a camera store owned and staffed by Orthodox Jews. Although I am an observant Jew, I do not regularly wear a yarmulke, but I’m considering doing so in the hope of preferential treatment, maybe even a discount. Hypocritical? Ethical? --R.K., New York

Response:
    What’s most lamentable about your scheme is not its hypocrisy — although there is that — but its deceit: you would present yourself to be what you are not, someone who regularly wears a yarmulke, an object of religious significance. What’s more, in ethics, intent counts, and yours is simply to cadge a discount, to be what genuine yarmulke-wearers might describe as, if not a ganef, certainly a shnorrer.

As far as tactics go, I’m skeptical that a discount for the Orthodox is on offer. And that’s as it should be. To give a price break to co-religionists is no different from imposing a price hike on nonbelievers. Ads boasting “Baptists Pay 10 Percent More” would not be appealing marketing or, for that matter, legal.

You might argue that what you propose is no more deceptive than acting courteously when you really feel antisocial. Dr. Johnson called politeness “fictitious benevolence” and was all for it: “It supplies the place of it amongst those who see each other only in publick, or but little. Depend on it, the want of it never fails to produce something disagreeable to one or other.” But politeness merely withholds the expression of your feelings, a matter of style; it does not falsely proclaim your beliefs, a matter of substance.

I myself would never wear a cat costume to a pet shop hoping to entice the animal-loving staff into offering me a discount on a squeaky toy. I might wear it socially, but that’s between me and my therapist.

UPDATE: R. K. went to the store bareheaded.

----------

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin