Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,004   Online: 1037

Thread: 120 Tri-x 400

Shooter
    Large Format

120 Tri-x 400

Posted this on the film, dev section but no replys.
    Developed a roll of 120 Tri-x 400 in d-76 1:1 and film base + fog was .18.
    Seems high, is this normal for this combination?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    With Tri-X 400 and 1:1 D-76 I would say that a film base + fog value of .18 is not bad. What was your maximum density, wm?
    Tom,
    The max. density was 1.20. I used the recommended time just to get the .10 above fb+f . Looks like asa 160. At that setting the VIII neg was 1.20 so I need to increase time which will probably increase fb+f.
    Thanks
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 11-21-2006 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wm blunt View Post
    Tom,
    The max. density was 1.20. I used the recommended time just to get the .10 above fb+f . Looks like asa 160. At that setting the VIII neg was 1.20 so I need to increase time which will probably increase fb+f.
    Thanks
    You're probably right, you might consider adding a bit of 10 percent benzotriazole to reduce the fog level - if you have some available. Of course, benzotriazole would tend to lower the effective film speed as well.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin