Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,078   Online: 1025

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

120mm f3.5 Soft Focus Lens for Pentax 67

Does anyone have the operating instructions for this lens? I just bought one and I have a few questions.

William
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have written operating instructions, but I've used one for a few years. Maybe I can help?
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hi Kerik,

Thanks for the reply. Can you explain operation of the lens to me and the function of the three lines (2 white, 1 red) on the barrel of the lens. Also, this is the only Pentax lens I have that stops down automatically (without using the manual stop down switch). Is that normal?

William
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi-
    I've used mine for about 15 years with great pleasure... the lack of an automatic diaphragm is to force you to focus at the same aperture as you're viewing through- otherwise the results will be far different from what you saw in the viewfinder.
    It's very soft wide open but in half a stop becomes 'firmer.' For most subjects and contrast ranges, somehwere in the vicinity of f/5.6 is often optimal.
    The best negatives will look far too soft on the light table but will print beautifully.
    A lovely and underrated lens, one of the easiest soft focus lenses to master.
    Russ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin