Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,325   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Greg,

I extrapolated the way these numbers were calculated (using the bellows extension formula) and found that by adding rings you need to add *more* compensation than you would get by just adding the individual factors together (due to squaring in the formula). I updated that web page with the results, but it should be noted that I am *assuming* this is the correct way to calculate these figures.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, it at least gives me a ballpark to start in. I guess I could just use the meter finders, but I truly like to use the waist level finder for most of what I shoot. And I can fine tune this with my digital back when I get to some testing. If I ever get to where I'm doing a lot of macro work, I'll probably buy the bellows extension and reversing rings (etc.).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hope you've got lots of disposable cash for that bellows. The last one I saw went for almost $500 US, without the dual cable release...

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I saw that too. Maybe at that point I'll just build my own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

There is an instruction booklet

Hi, Greg.

I have an instruction manual for my extension tubes. You can buy it from Craig Camera, $15:

http://www.craigcamera.com/ib_m.htm

Item no. #MAM-182

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any scanned copy of the M645 extension tube online? I'm having trouble attaching them correctly to my M645 Super body & lenses..that rotating ring & the need to align it with the aperture coupler pin is really driving me nuts! I screwed it up once & now my aperture coupler pin is kinda bent. Helpppp anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    Any scanned copy of the M645 extension tube online? I'm having trouble attaching them correctly to my M645 Super body & lenses..that rotating ring & the need to align it with the aperture coupler pin is really driving me nuts! I screwed it up once & now my aperture coupler pin is kinda bent. Helpppp anyone?
    Mike Butkus' site has one - I'd suggest sending him the requested donation.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/mamiya_...sion_rings.pdf
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MattKing: Thanks Matt. I've donated to Mr Butkus a couple of times in the past, and will do so again now. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin