Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,366   Online: 1166

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUY BUY BUY!! It's buyer's market! Yippee!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Pentax 67 gear is ridiculously cheap. Even Rollei SL66 gear has gone way down in price. I bought a body,80mm, 150 HFT,50 HFT, 2 film backs and an Arca Swiss Polaroid back for less than 1,000 dollars and all in mint condition.
    "Since the fact that we exist at all is nothing more than banal, we might just as well make something grand out of it …"

Francis Bacon

http://www.williamlinne.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was content with my Mamiya 645, but when I was able to put together a RB67 system, including 3 "C" lenses, a metered prism and 2 film backs for less than $800 I couldn't resist. Now I'm starting to upgrade my 645 gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, sigh. It breaks my heart that my Pentax 6x7 equipment was assembled in the 1980s rather than now. Or the Mamiya 7 kit which came together in the 1990s. All now worth less than half of what I once paid... but it's not like I haven't gotten (and will continue to get) good use from them. Unlike digital, they're good for many years to come.

Russ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    LOL

I got into medium format a couple years ago because digimania made it affordable, and I definitely haven't looked back. I am sure that the same is true for many, many others.
    Same here. Cool!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm pretty sure I'll be buying myself some Bronica kit next year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I went medium for the same reasons: cheap gear for great result that digital can't even approach. After years of waiting, I bough a Pentax 67 kit last year and I keep adding to the base equipment.
    No regrets having gone med format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Krockmitaine View Post
    I went medium for the same reasons: cheap gear for great result that digital can't even approach. After years of waiting, I bough a Pentax 67 kit last year and I keep adding to the base equipment.
    No regrets having gone med format.
    I have an additional reason for staying with rugged MF cameras instead of advanced electronic ones: motorcycle travel. Most of my travel is by two wheels, and I have major concerns about electronics holding up to the climate and vibration aboard a 2-cylinder motorcycle.

MF stuff is cheap and simple (esp. some of the mid-range US-built TLRs) in comparison. On a trip, I can carry two MF cameras (main and backup, say a Rolleiflex and a Ciro-Flex TLR), and have a spare ready-to-be-shipped at home if need be.

I have also bought a Stereo Realist 35mm 3d camera recently, probably for both its rugged build and its simplicity. Well, and for 3D....
    Last edited by DougGrosjean; 11-27-2006 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Correction.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The prices for Bronica SQAi stuff is VERY attractive. I can't seem to drag my desire for HBlad though.... Is the 500/1/3 much lighter/smaller than an SQAi?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The MF gear I want isn't cheap. I've been pondering a Mamiya 7II with 43/80/150 lenses for a long time. And I'll continue to ponder.
    Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin