Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,648   Online: 807

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well. I have just ordered myself one of these:

http://www.therightimage.biz/specials.html

I needed to do a bit of clever financial juggling and some even cleverer wife persuading though!

This from their web page:

We are selling a complete Mamiya kit consisting of:

Mamiya RB PRO SD 6 X 7 body (with waist leval finder and film back) with a standard 90mm F3.5 Lens +50mm F4.5 Lens and a spare film back. We will also throw in 20 rolls of 120 film free of charge.

This kit has a few signs of wear that you would expect to find on a camera of this age but it is completely free of defects. The lens are free of fungus ect and are very clean. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to use one of these cameras.

We have a few of these kits available due to a bulk purchase, so if you wish to buy more that one kit at this amazing price please telephone us or post a question.

The price £499.99 includes the VAT
    (about $900 US)

I was told in a separate e-mail that these were a bulk purchase from West Yorkshire Police Photography Department so they have not had heavy studio use.

I just have to wait for it to arrive, wrap it up in christmas paper and forget about it for a few weeks!

Steve
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem is that some people are buying adaptors that fit some of the MF lenses onto their digital cameras, and this is driving the price on some lenses back up. The tilt/shift lenses and certain other often non-retro focus lenses are the popular choices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I just have to wait for it to arrive, wrap it up in christmas paper and forget about it for a few weeks!

Steve

Yeah... Like that's going to happen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
    Yeah... Like that's going to happen.
    Well, I may have to test it first!

I forgot to say that they still have a couple left if anyone is interested.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    I think MF stuff has become too cheap -- I can no longer maintain any discipline!

DaveT -- about to go test the Zenzanon-PS 65mm f4 that arrived yesterday

Dave,

I feel your pain. Forget the 401k with these prices....

Bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Goutiere View Post
    ..............Earlier this year a young fellow sporting a brand new, pro digital camera looked at my Nikon F2 hanging around my neck and said "Wow, there's a classic! Where do you get film?"
    Was it my job to enlighten him? I'm still thinking about it.
    Paul
    I would be inclined to point out that his camera will be in the rubbish bin soon (too expensive to repair) while the F2 will be continuing on its merry way. But, come to think about it, maybe that would not be a worry for him. There will be numerous new models then (Gigapixels......), and he will lust after them as a good digi-consumer should.

Sorry for the outburst, just showing my age.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The prices I'm seeing in this thread seem high to me compared to the prices I've been seeing on KEH and on craigs list (in the PNW). A few months ago I bought a pentax 67 outfit (found on craigs list) with a 90mm f2.4, a 165mm f2.8, and a spot meter for $275. Just a few years ago I payed over $1000 for a P67 with just the 90mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by max_ebb View Post
    The prices I'm seeing in this thread seem high to me compared to the prices I've been seeing on KEH and on craigs list (in the PNW). A few months ago I bought a pentax 67 outfit (found on craigs list) with a 90mm f2.4, a 165mm f2.8, and a spot meter for $275. Just a few years ago I payed over $1000 for a P67 with just the 90mm lens.
    Prices vary - seasonally. I would expect eBay prices to rise until about Jan 8th or so, and then slump until spring. I think camera stores will vary a little bit, but not as much.

All I know is that we got a 501CM for a song, and love it.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Well, I may have to test it first!

I forgot to say that they still have a couple left if anyone is interested.

Steve.
    I am but I'm not sure my darling, long suffering wife would understand , "But you've got 4 cameras already !" is the likely response
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert View Post
    I am but I'm not sure my darling, long suffering wife would understand , "But you've got 4 cameras already !" is the likely response
    Only four?!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin