Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,883   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

ETRSi - what battery?

Hi all,

Im going away shortly and need to get a spare battery for my Bronica ETRSi, does anyone have any details on the size/type required? Unfortunatly I cant check myself as the camera is 100 odd miles away.
    I'm after a battery for the body as a priority but if anyone knows what the AEII viewfinder takes as well that would be very helpful too.

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Luckily, mine is just a few feet away.

You need a 4LR44 which is a 6 volt battery.

I don't know about the AEII finder as I don't have one. I thought it took it's power from the main body though.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The finder doesn't use a battery. At least I don't think so. The Tamron website still has all the Bronica info including the battery stuff.

http://www.tamron.com/bronica/batteries.asp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The AE2 finder uses the camera battery, so its advisable not to leave it on the camera when you are not using it as, even when switched off, I understand it will help drain the battery.

If you're in the UK, try www.7dayshop.com, they're about the cheapest for batteries, but you'll want to order a few more things to cover the delivery cost - films cheap there. Delivery can vary between 1 and 2 weeks but I've so far never had any problems with them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smudwhisk View Post
    The AE2 finder uses the camera battery, so its advisable not to leave it on the camera when you are not using it as, even when switched off, I understand it will help drain the battery.

If you're in the UK, try www.7dayshop.com, they're about the cheapest for batteries, but you'll want to order a few more things to cover the delivery cost - films cheap there. Delivery can vary between 1 and 2 weeks but I've so far never had any problems with them.
    Many thanks for the speedy response guys.

Just had 50 rolls of film arrive from 7dayshop, shame I didn't think of the batteries then hey
    They are very cheap on film there and delivery time was excellent in my case. Ordered on thursday and it arrived on saturday and monday.

Didn't realise the AEII was using the body battery - thanks for that; might stop using it so much.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The AE finder has an off switch which disconnects it from the battery.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin