Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,873   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well,
    David referred me to Hasselblad Service in NJ--I'm rather surprised but that's his reply--Any other suggestions before I contact Hasselblad Svc in NJ---Ouch --big bucks !!

Daids Reply:
    Joseph,

As much as I would like to service this camera for you, it would be best if you sent it to the Hasselblad service center in New Jersey. The shutter in these very early SWC's contain many different parts from the newer models. In the past, while working on these cameras, I have found minor parts that needed to be replaced, but most of the parts are no longer available.

Your best bet would be to send it to Hasselblad USA. Here is their contact information:

Service department
    Hasselblad USA
    333 New Road #5
    Parsippany, NJ 07054

Their telephone number is (973) 227-7320.

Regards,
    David Odess
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi JosBurke, a good choice to get this jewel perfectly repaired, would be CARL ZEISS at Oberkochen/Germany. But, this would become very costly. Therefore, I can recommend to you, another good choice. WIESE-FOTOTECHNIK in Hamburg/Germany, Danziger Strasse 47-49, 20099 Hamburg. wiese-fototechnik@t-online.de. Ask for a cost estimate.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by JosBurke View Post
    I recently acquired a really nice early Hasselblad Supreme Wide Angle with a 1955 Date--it is in mint minus condition--really ! The shutter is slow at all speeds and I'm really wanting to play with this jewel--Who is my best bet for service--honesty and quality are paramount!! Price matters!

http://blogs.salon.com/0004217/images/2005/01/01/Ed'sBlog.122.H/bladSuperW.1.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any update on if you were able to get this camera serviced?

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin