Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,841   Online: 884

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I once asked about the serial numbers for a Rolleiflex original that I have, there were at least two different numbers, and I was told that Rollei did odd things with their serial numbers, so I wouldn't put too much weight on that number until you find out what it means. The 92 of 144 probably means much more than the other number. Again, ask at the yahoo group, I'm positive that one of those regulars will be able to help you promptly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    << SL66SE Exclusive Professional
    Collectors item

Special Edition series with gold plated ROLLEIFLEX name, golden plaque with serial number, golden release button and golden plate on film back. Hand finished details.

Total made in Germany from October 1992 - October 1993: 188
    Edition Serial #: 92/001-92/188.
    Details

After 1993, probably in 1994-1996, about
    6 additional SE Exclusive Professional cameras were built to order with serial
    # 92/189 to 92/194.

http://web.archive.org/web/200512252...l66_models.htm

Also, more info here:

http://web.archive.org/web/200511080...ls_sl66seX.htm

Basically you have a very valuable collectors item. Whatever you do DONT USE IT as you will diminish its value. If you really want to use an SL66 I suggest you sell this one and buy another and pocket the difference!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Antonio is right. You have a collector's dream there. You can probably get some good money out of it and reinvest in a nice set of shooting gear if that's more your thing.

Call me biased, but I would get none other than another SL66 Personally I don' t see the big deal about the $$$ metered models.
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They have one of those gold stamped collectors sl66se's at B&H in their used dept. Or at least they had one the last time I was there. It was more than 5 thousand dollars. For half that you could have a standard SL66 with the 80, 50, 150, 120 and maybe a 250 lens with all the extras you could find! I say sell that to a non shooter and pick up a shooter with all the lens options. SL66 is a great great camera. Expecially for closeup work. Those examples in this thread are beautiful arguments for the SL66.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thank you antongarcia as you have ID'ed the camera !! It is identical to the linked model shown---Hmm !! What to do ????? I could trade it for a PS3 for XMas ?? Jim Galli---Maybe I could trade it for another Deardorff V-11 ? Maybe I'll just sit on it ? Nah!! Maybe I'll trade it for a D SLR ?? Nah !!
    Caaaaaaching!!!! And to think I bought the pair mainly for the RolleiFlex TLR Planar Whiteface which is a Gem in itself!! Gee--I need another MF camera like a hole in the head !! Thanks to all for your effort!!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the pair? I'm curious to think what Jim Bob thought it was worth, if you don't mind. If you'd prefer to not say, then that's fine too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't mind--no secret--$1400 for the pair----My first interest was the TLR Planar 3,5----F model, pristine body and glass--also a white face and 12/24--At first thoughy worth at least $800 but likely better than a grand in the condition it's in--so I figured the other Rollei (had no idea exactly what it was) if nearly as nice was surely worth $600 considering both an 80 mm and a 50 mm--so I took a chance--he told me that his father paid a lot of money for the SL66SE--but I didn't know it was the SE Collectors model--He didn't know anything about model numbers but I told him what I wanter to know about the TLR---He said his father bought it for a couple thousand dollars years ago--I asked if a Planar or Xenotar and he said 3,5 Planar and I thought well maybe a 12/24 so I asked about the switch and had to explain how to open the case to view the side and he said there was some type of flippy button--I was hooked from then on !!! I'll post some pics of the pair Sunday!!
    I could easily have gone somewhat negative as well ! actually unless I sell something I am negative!! As stated I had to buy these sight unseen !!
    Joseph Burke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good on ya. Merry Christmas (early!)
    If it says Zeiss or Rollei, the answer is YES!
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, that's awesome. Congratulations! You've got be lucky sometimes.

Antje

Shooter
    35mm RF

Titanium Special Edition SL66SE

I believe these special editions are made from Titanium (what the regular camera bodies are made from I do not know). Will this contribute much to their durability and perhaps their ability to withstand the elements, i.e. rain, snow, etc.
    LJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin