Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,952   Posts: 1,585,999   Online: 801

Shooter
    Medium Format

Converters for Mamiya M645?

Greetings all,

I'm considering getting a used converter form my Mamiya 645 ProTL, and I'm trying to understand my choices. There are two versions with the Mamiya name... the earlier 2X M45 Teleplus MC6 and the newer 2XN. The newer version is almost twice the price. So the obvious question then becomes... is this newer version really that much better?

And then there are the third party converters like the Vivitar, Cambron and Rokunar. How do these models stack up.

If anyone has any experience with these converters, I would love to hear your impressions.

Many thanks,
    Mike Klensch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Kenko 2X for my 1000s and was very pleased with the quality of the images it produced when coupled to my 150mm and my other lenses and it was about 1/3 the price of the Mamiya branded converters

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have any extenders yet, so I'll be watching where this goes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just picked up a Vivitar 2x this week. I'll test drive it over the weekend and let you know how it works. They are going pretty cheap these days, but maybe you get what you pay for
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin