Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,608   Online: 751

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antje View Post
    ... Bad thing is: So far, my husband doesn't know. But that's no big problem, I'll tell him that I was about to buy 3-4 pairs of new shoes, but decided on the Hassy instead. He will understand *that*!
    Or tell him that you are going to sell the 20D soon. Who needs these expensive dust collecting toys

Regards
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    Or tell him that you are going to sell the 20D soon. Who needs these expensive dust collecting toys

Regards
    -- Ruediger
    Actually, the 20D paid for the Hassy, so to speak. So the 20D is my work horse and the Hasselblad the thoroughbred I own for the fun of it. Seriously, who would have thought that ten years ago - a dSLR making the money, and the 6x6 being there for recreation?

Antje

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Antje. Don't know whether to take the credit or hide for pushing you over the edge with my 500CM purchase. Sounds like it's love at first sight for you and for me. Hope your husband takes it as well as my wife did...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by egdinger View Post
    Antje congrats. And about the film that was in it, I would get it devolped if it had any photos taken on, you may never know what your going to get.
    Yeah, I will probably do that - though it feels strange, the photographer who owned her before me passed away. The film from beyond the grave... <shudder>

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds View Post
    Antje. Don't know whether to take the credit or hide for pushing you over the edge with my 500CM purchase. Sounds like it's love at first sight for you and for me. Hope your husband takes it as well as my wife did...
    Goo thing I now have someone to blame if I don't like it! Yes, it was love at first sight. I wasn't allowed to let it sleep in my bed, my husband said a cat was enough and we didn't need another pet in the bed. But other than that, he's fine with it. He figured out that we can actually add a digital back to it. Blasphemy, I know, but hey, if it sells him on it, it's just fine!

Antje

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Antje View Post
    It sort of came pre-loaded, there was an old film still in it. I wonder what to do with that...
    Develop it, of course! Who knows what treasures you might find.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey Antje,

late but sincere congrats form me too 440 Eur ! I would have gotten weak there too, together with the lenses its a bargain... I am eager to see the first results

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Congrats Antje.
    You will be happy with that lovely gear
    I've has a Hassy 503 CXI and Pentax NII, and I sold it all, 10 month ago for purchase a Canon 5D and lens.
    In October my stomach had butterflys flying inside, I can't live without my Hassy, What can I do? I thought, well, I buy a Hassel 2nd hand kit... but after looking for good prices, nothing, here in Spain, nothing for good money, example: 501 CM whith 80 2.8 Cf and a 12 back, 2000€ in 8 condition of 10
    In other words, I took my credit card and purchase a new 501 CM with 80 2.8 Cfe and one 2nd back, I have paid all this gear in "comfortable" installments, for the next three years.
    This is my sadly story, sell, lost money and purchase again and gain mental health.
    Sorry for my bad English.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You will not regret your purchase when you see your first negatives. I love my Hassy and wish I could use it more, prefering 4x5 (for the movements)

But the camera is simply a joy to work with, and that square format works with everything!

Congrats.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats on the camera.
    The link below has a scan of the 500C manual online in case you want it (although most everything on a Hassy is selfexplanatory):
    http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/...lassic500.html
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin