Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,102   Online: 770

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

It's done - a Hasselblad is in the mail

Yes, of course, we all knew this would happen... I found a slightly used Hasselblad 500C from 1969 with two magazines and a 150/4 in pristine condition. It belonged to a part-time portrait photographer and set me back by 440 Euros. My father, who has seen it, says it's just fine, and it had a CLA two years ago before the photog passed away. Well, we'll see...

Needless to say, I can neither sleep nor eat. I'm so excited! A Hasselblad... A dream might just be coming true.

Bad thing is: So far, my husband doesn't know. But that's no big problem, I'll tell him that I was about to buy 3-4 pairs of new shoes, but decided on the Hassy instead. He will understand *that*!

Cross your fingers for me that everything will be ok.

Antje

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done.

I've got a Mamiya RB67 with 50mm and 90mm lenses on it's way to me at the moment.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Dear Antje,

You'll almost certainly love it. I bought a 1960s 500C in the late 70s; used it for several years professionally; and sold it in the mid-80s to a friend who is STILL using it professionally (though less often than he used to, because some clients demand digi). The only reason I sold it was because in those days you didn't do your own scans and the scope for mis-cropped transparencies from purblind art directors and layout artists was enormous. I therefore went to 6x7. But if I could find a 500C at the price you paid, I'd jump at it.

Cheers (and congratulations),

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Predictable

Congrats for your new camera, as previously mentioned, it`s always a great choice.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sharing your photographs you will make with it will be proof enough that both the camera and yourself are in fine condition (that is, sane enough to go with it instead of shoes or even a digicam).
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I exactly understand what you mean, Hassi forever ;-))
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the club!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations.
    I got back into Hasselblad about a year ago, after an absence of many, many years and was also very excited about it.
    Have fun.....it is a great experience.
    Tom

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats, I waited twenty years for my Hassy dream to come true. You will love it.

Cheers,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You will enjoy it. There is something I find very reassuring about holding a solid hunk of real metal camera. The 150 is a great focal length. I would suggest investing in a lenshood if you don't have one - especially with the older chrome "C" lens. You'll be able to find a used 80mm fairly inexpensively if you so desire. If you're not currently using a square format (I assume your 500C came with a 12 back) then I think that 6x6 format interesting.

The only other point I'll mention it to check the light seals in the film back. Replacements are available.

OK, still one more point. I don't know if your film back is the older style where you look through an opening to advance to the first frame or the newer "A" style where it's done automatically. I have 2 of the older style backs which often sell fairly cheaply. I have found for my purposes the older style backs work just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin