Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,302   Online: 1135

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Sorry but I've seen these but not familiar with how it works, How do you focus with that?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You don't - the finder only assists with framing. You scale focus instead.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Hasselblad sports finder?

Is "scale focus" the same as "guesstimate"?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Is "scale focus" the same as "guesstimate"?

~Stone

For some

Try it - you may be surprised how accurate you can become with just a little practice.

And if you are shooting wider lenses, and at moderate to longer distances , the depth of field tends to be greater as well.

It is what people who used your Kodak No 1 Pocket Autographic and Kodak No 1A Pocket Autographic cameras used throughout their currency.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I use the "walking pace" method, as in my stride is almost exactly 10 feet so I walk out the measurement on my Kodak's that is, but had a feet SLIGHTLY off focus issues so I'm using measuring tape (or string) from now on. No sports for me.

Thanks for the info.

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hasselblad made several versions of sports finders, one mounts in place of the hood or prisim, and has a small mirror and an eyepiece that shows the center of the screen so you can focus.
    I bought that one specifically so that I didn't need to rely on my guessimates in using it.

There are (were) masks available for various focal lengths on some of the finders, I'm pretty sure there was one at least for the 60.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, man, you are one long-legged human.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rice View Post
    Stone, man, you are one long-legged human.
    Well it's two steps, like both legs, lol and now that I think about it, I think I meant 5 feet LOL I don't know why I said ten...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

All I know is the image is pretty clean...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin