Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,808   Online: 821

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Hasselblad sports finder?

Just wondering if Hasselblad ever made a sports finder for their camera system of if they have a WL available like Rollei that has a push open window incorporated. If these exist I would like one for my 501cm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Victor & Co did have a sports finder available at one time. Haven't seen one for years. It was a frame & peephole type device. As I recall it simply replaced the WL finder(slip on--slip off, grasshopper)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Images
    Indeed they did. I had one new in box when I bought my 500C and new in box when I sold it 20 years later. It probably still is NIB. I was a folding thing with a frame on one end and a peep hole on the other. The hole end slide to different focal length. The whole thing mounted on the left side where there is a rail with the camera name and model on it. Mine was a 500C. Don't know if it fits a 501. I thought those were Levis.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used one ages ago when doing some aerial photogrphy with a 500C. I'll look to see if I have it and how it mounts.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks guys.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's the sportsfinder I have for my 500c. Mounts to the side of the body. There are inserts for different focal lengths (though I don't have any).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hassy Sportsfinder 1.jpg   Hassy Sportsfinder 2.jpg  
    Last edited by mgb74; 12-04-2006 at 10:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Any of you have knowledge of what focal lengths were covered?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Any of you have knowledge of what focal lengths were covered?
    I don't know for sure, but suspect that since the frame itself is sized for 80mm, that there were inserts for 150mm and maybe 250mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hate to drag up an old thread, but did they make sports finders for wider than 80mm? Like, say, a 60mm for composing night landscapes?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Hasselblad sports finder?

Sorry but I've seen these but not familiar with how it works, How do you focus with that?

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin