Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,179   Online: 758

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been wanting a good book on all the accessories, which models they fit and which they don't. For example, many will fit the 645 Super and Pro, others will only fit one or the other. I bought a grip that came without the little adapter, so the button doesn't work. I can't find the adapter but have seen grips with it included. I didn't know when I first bought the camera (grip came from another dealer). I'd really like a good exlpaination of the Connect N system. I've figured out a lot on my own but there's still much more to learn about these cameras. It's my only camera now so I'm spending more time with it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My thanks to all who have responded with the helpful tips regarding my medium format plan! I guess I left out one bit of INFO on camera of choice.

I am focusing on the used Mamiya SLR's as an option. Not the rangefinders or twin lens cameras.

I've already found the Peter Williams book on camerabooks.com. It does look like the type of reference I've been looking for.
    While educating myself on Nikon, I came across a big Nikon reference which was on it's sixth or seventh edition. It really gave my the Nikon "big picture" I needed prior to my first Nikon purchase. I'm looking for a similar Mamiya reference.

Example: the SLR line has two basic formats and more than one model of each as I've discovered. 645 and 6x7. At this point in my Mamiya knowledge I don't know for certain that the SLR lenses fit either body format.
    I assume they do, but for a Mamiya novice looking for his first camera, that is the type of question that pops up while looking at what is out there.

Still looking for the recommended Hove guide. I hear they are a good reference all around. I'll be back with more questions ! Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.mamiya.com has always had a lot of embedded ASP code. Totally useless if you are on anything other than an IE/Windows system.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eochief View Post
    Still looking for the recommended Hove guide. I hear they are a good reference all around. I'll be back with more questions ! Thanks.
    There are two copies on http://www.abebooks.com/ Rather expensive though; there must be cheaper copies somewhere.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    intersting, I use firefox with a plugin that spoofs itself as IE, called User Agent Switcher. The site loads fine in firefox when Mamiya.com thinks it's IE.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I've been trying to rediscover this site and finally found the link. A comparative review of MF equipment:

http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/gindex.html

Hope this helps.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Firefox IE tab just encapsulates the IE rendering engine inside the tab. You still have to have IE on the machine.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks to all for the advice regarding a Mamiya reference.

It looks like it comes down to three choices for me. The 645, RZ and RB. AF is out of the question for now.

While I am waiting for my book order to arrive, can someone tell me what the difference is between the RB and RZ? I think I already determined the 645 vs RB or RZ models comes down to format with the RB & RZ being 6x7 format vs 6 x 4.5 for the 645 cameras... right ? But what is the disticntion between RB and RZ? I would like to get a better handle on the specs before I purchase therefore the Hove guide looks like my best resource.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamp View Post
    The Firefox IE tab just encapsulates the IE rendering engine inside the tab. You still have to have IE on the machine.
    Interstingly, the plugin I use just reports that it's IE, it's still rendered in Firefox, and doesn't rely whatsoever on IE. The extension is called User Agent Switcher and works like a charm.

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    RB67 is a totally mechanical camera. No electronics of any kind, except if you get an optional metered viewfinder. The RZ67 has electronic shutter control, but it can use almost all the lenses from the RB67, in addition to the RZ versions. When using RB lenses the RZ67 operates in manual mode. Also, the RZ67 can use RB67 film backs with an adapter. The lens selections between the RB67 and RZ67 are almost identical. The RZ67 has additional lenses for perspective control for architecture and product shots. The newer RZ67 Pro IID is compatible with the Mamiya ZD digital back.

The choices are, for a mechanical camera RB67, for an electronic camera RZ67. The RZ67 is lighter because parts are made of plastic. The RB67 is a big piece of metal and is heavier. Identical cameras otherwise. When the RZ67 runs out of battery power the shutter speed defaults to 1/400th of a second, allowing the camera to function to a degree. With the RB67 you will never need to worry about batteries. Big thing, the RB67 can not use any of the RZ67 lenses or film backs. The mamiya website explains all this.

I own an RB67 with a few lenses and film backs. Very reliable camera.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin