Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,493   Online: 647

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I want to jump back into this thread to say thanks again to all who advised me regarding a Mamiya medium format resource book.

After a period of intense research "immersion" in the medium format market it looks like I have decided on a C330 as my first M/F camera. After initially thinking my decision was pre ordained and would certainly be a RB67, a photographer who instructed my first B&W printing workshop commented to me that the 6x6 format shouldn't be overlooked and I then noticed some very nice square prints nicely matted hanging on the wall. My decision was made after a check of the market showed me how reasonable and versatile(relatively) the C330 camera is with it's various lenses and accessories.

I'll be reading the C330 threads here real close, and there are plenty to read, prior to making my purchase. Thanks again for turning me on to the Bob Shel book and regards to all on APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you'll be happy. I love my C330s for set-up landscapes and portraits. I had to get a hefty tripod for it (amvona.com cf for ridiculously low on ebay), but when I got my Crown Graphic (with 135 Optar in Graphlex shutter weighing a pound less than the Mamiya with 180 lens set) I already had a tripod that could carry the weight.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RZ also advances the film and cocks the shutter with one pull of a handle, the RB you have to use 2 different handles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife uses a 330 and loves it to bits. I never could get on with TLRs myself, I don't know why, but it can cartainly turn out very high image quality on all its lenses.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like my C330 alot. I have the 80mm & the 180. I do not use the 180 that much. The shutter does not properly cock when on the camera. I have to take the lens off the body to cock the lens.

I also recommend "Mamiya Professional Systems Handbook" by Robb Smith. It was published in 1974 by Amphoto.

Craig

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin