Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,497   Posts: 1,571,487   Online: 1126

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

MAMIYA RESOURCE BOOK

All:

This is my first post here and it certainly seems like APUG is what I've been looking for. I am really keen on moving up to medium format, learning black and white and doing my part to keep digital at bay.

I have just about decided to get into the market for a medium format camera. A used Mamiya seems to be a safe bet although I have not made a final decision.

Can nayone offer a suggestion on a reference book for the various Mamiya medium format models past and current? If such a reference exists that provides the Mamiya INFO along with other medium format makes that would be a plus.

I'm sure I will be back to ask for more advice. Thanks to all.

R/
    MJO

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to the forum. I've lived with most of Mamiya's output over the years, currently I'm using an RB67, having just sold a 6x6 TLR. I can vouch for their build quality, but I've never come across a book dealing specifically with the range.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://medfmt.8k.com/

Look around then come back and ask questions -)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I began my equipment education, I found the book entitled Medium Format Cameras by Peter Williams to be very helpful, and I still reference it today. I think Amazon has them for about $14.00. All of the Mamiya cameras are covered as are most other models.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You might look for a used copy of, or interlibrary loan, a copy of "Hove Pro-Guide" Mamiya (by Bob Shell).
    JeffW.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eochief View Post
    A used Mamiya seems to be a safe bet although I have not made a final decision.
    Your correct in that a used Mamiya seems to be a safe bet for medium format. But since a used Mamiya could be a TLR, SLR, Press, or conceivably even RF, you will need to determine what form(s) of medium format camera you prefer.

And of course, no need to limit yourself to one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try Bob Shell's "Mamiya medium format systems Pro-guide" (Hove Foto books). My copy dates to 1992 and doesn't have the 7 and 7II, but there may be a later edition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to note, I can't make the Mamiya site referenced above work in Firefox or Opera. There are lots of links in the sidebar to the left that don't seem to show up in anything but IE.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That site, Mamiya.com has been acting strange for awhile try mamiya uk.....

http://www.mamiya.co.uk/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin