Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,843   Online: 771

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lens Repair Shops

I noticed last night that the aperture on my old 180mm CZJ Sonnar (P6 mount) is stuck open. As I doubt that fixing this is within my skills, can anyone recommend a good repair shop? The guy I used to go to retired.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DBP View Post
    I noticed last night that the aperture on my old 180mm CZJ Sonnar (P6 mount) is stuck open. As I doubt that fixing this is within my skills, can anyone recommend a good repair shop? The guy I used to go to retired.
    I've used Strauss Photo-Technical Service, 1240 Mount Olivet Road NE, Washington, DC with good results. They can be reached at 202-529-3200 or at http://www.spts.com/

Wes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look in the Business Directory at the top of the page. SK Grimes is one of APUG's advertisers. A lot of people also use Carol Flutot, but I can't find her advertisement. I'm sure I saw it a few days ago. A search in the forums will find her.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carol Miller: http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/

Also can recommend Paul Ebel in Wisconsin at 651-335-8759.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got someone local I use for my lenses and shutters - she got her formal training at the Colorado School, and did her internship with Steve Grimes while he was still around. She does very good work and has very competitive prices - If you're interested, let me know and I can ping her with the details.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd appreciate that. The last time I used Strauss they were fine, but more impersonal than I like in repair shop. It would be nice to have a small local shop to use again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin