Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,660   Online: 949

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Changing Rolleicord 3 Focus Screen

Have any of y'all changed the focus screen in your Rolleicord 3?

I got a fresnel with a splitscreen on eBay but now that I have the hood off, I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the old screen out and the new screen in. There are leaf springs on the bottom (matte) side of the glass that hold it in from that side, and a frame of sorts that holds it in from the top.

I found a repair manual, but wasn't able to make much sense of it since the PDF was rather bad from being a copy of a copy of a copy.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The leaf springs are what hold it in. Take note on how they are oriented and the way that one hooks into another piece that connects to the hood. Once you are sure how they look, pop them out and the screen will come out easily. The tricky part, as usual is getting everything back together, takes some patience but if I can do it, anyone can! Also remember to check your focus at infinity to make sure you don't need to adjust focus by shimming the screen. Google Rick Oleson, he should have some basic info on his site, I used his screen and instructions to upgrade my III.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow, what a great site. He is truly a camera geek's camera geek!

I'll follow his instructions and report back (hopefully not with "had to buy a new Rollei!).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin