Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,399   Online: 812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Robert for the tips,

I have tried using the cable release in many variations... including the ones that you mention. But still without any luck. And in the past, it worked just fine for me. So all I can conclude is that "something" happened recently to change what had previously worked just fine. With the adapter plugged in, it was not only the cable release that did not work properly, but also the shutter release button on the camera body did not work properly. As soon as I removed the adapter, then the shutter release button worked fine. So, I think, then the problem is with the adapter (fingers crossed). Once I get a new adapter (in about a week), I'll be sure to follow up and let you know if that was the issue.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    Dear Mike,

I am not sure you have a problem.
    The M645 pro and pro TL is equipped with an electronic shutter.
    The Bulb (B) release should be done with and working with the shutter release but your selection should be done to put the selector on "self-timer" then. When pushing the shutter release button it should open, when doing it again it should close. This is done by the special circuit build in the Mamiya 645 pro and pro-TL series.
    The shutter will only work if you have battery power but this should also be the case on all other settings.
    You can put a cable release (standard) in the motor drive unit. That's the way I have alsways worked with.
    Try the (cable release) adapter in the same mode settings: Shutter dial on B and selector on "self timer". Then it should also work but this I have never tried. If not maybe there is a problem in the adapter.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, hopefully for you it's the adapter and not in the camera. M645 pro (-TL) repairs are quite expensive.
    I had one time a failure in 13 years. The shutter curtain had a problem in the synchronisation but was quickly fixed in the Netherlands by the Mamiya repair service. About Eur. 110,00 for two hours work and a very small replacement part.

Good luck!

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just had a thought(first one today) you can test the body by shorting across the body contacts with a piece of wire like a paperclip. Short the contacts=shutter opens, remove the short=shutter closes.
    If you have access to an ohm meter you could also test the contacts in the adapter, it's possible the switch is stuck shut.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Already suggested shorting the contacts.

If you want to check the adaptor, just grab a screwdriver and open it up. Should only be one screw that holds it together.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Greetings all,

I just wanted to follow through on this thread. I got my new cable release adapter today, and it appears that was the problem. I attached the adapter, screwed in my cable release, and it tripped the shutter as it's supposed to. So that was an easy fix and big relief!

But thanks so much again to everyone who came to the rescue and provided suggestions. It is very much appreciated!

Cheers and Happy New Year to all APUGers

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You still have the old adapter don't you?

Have someone make you a latching electric remote release. Anyone that has any basic electronics skills can solder the two wires and latching switch to the adapter for you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had a similar problem ... and it was indeed a low battery issue for me. Changing the battery rectified the problem in my case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin