Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,719   Online: 965

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Russian Wideangle MF Lenses

Does anyone have any experiuence with wide Russian Medium Format lenses? How does the Mir-26, Zeiss Flektogon or Vega lenses compare to the Mamiya Sekor 45mm?

Thanks

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I used to have a Pentacon 6x6 camera with four Zeiss Jena lenses (East German, of course, not Russian), and the 50mm Flektogon was the best in the bunch.

If you're looking for a good deal on an excellent superwide 6x6 lens, look for a Nikkor 40/4.0 for the early Bronicas. The bodies are cheap these days, and would be worth purchasing just for this lens, if you can find one.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Based on my own experience, my ARSAT 55mm Perspective Control lens is the best of the Ukrainian MF Wide Angle lenses (I like it better than my Hartblei 45mm and my ARSAT 65mm). I also like my 50mm MC Flektagon and my 60mm MC Schneider Curtagon.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Flektogon is East German - it is a pretty good lens, excellent when you consider the price.

The 65mm MIR has a reputation for extremely patchy QC, while the 45mm is regarded more highly. Arsat do updated versions, plus some Tilt/Shift/Rotate versions.

Then there is the Zodiak/Arsat 30mm which is also well regarded. Mine should be arriving soon-ish

This may give you some pointers - a fairly detailed lens comparison.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    excellent info, just started shooting with a Mamiya 645 but miss having a wideangle - so looking for reasonably priced options

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Arsat 30mm is awesome! I use mine a lot. Can't beat it for the price! Its worth having a Pentacon six body around just to use that lens. The 50mm Flektogon MC is very sharp, one heavy piece of glass.

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin