Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,282   Online: 1130

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica SQAi Problem Shutter problem

Not sure if itís me or the camera is acting up but I cant get the shutter release button to fire, I have tried everything I can think of.

Dark Slide out.
    Disassembled it.
    Changed the film.
    Shutter release button locking ring.
    Lens securely locked in placed.

The film will wind on and it all seems fine but just wont fire.

I have tried messing about with the mirror lock up switch and the multiple exposure lever and they seem to working fine but to be honest I am little unsure of what they are suppose to do.
    All that seems to happen when there is film in it is that the shutter trips and I have to wind it on again, but then Iím back where I started minus a shot and it still wont fire

So if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

HELP

Shooter
    Medium Format
    strangely, Gavin, my sqai body has just started to do the very same thing. I've tried new batteries, with no difference. The shutter is supposed to default when the batteries run out, but even that doesnt happen. I've tried using different lenses too as the shutter is in the lens, but to no avail.

So I cant help, but I'd also be interested in other's thoughts. I'm probably going to send the body for repairs soon, so if I find out what has gone wrong I'll let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you try with a cable release and see if that helps?

Shooter
    35mm
    Have'nt got a cable release but was pointed to this, near the bottom is a step through for addressing a problem which sounds the same as my own. Will try it tonight

Medium Format Forum: SQAi shutter not firing: help

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is a subtle difference between SQ-A and SQ-Ai bodies; SQ-Ai doesn’t fire at default speed with a dead battery or without it. Try with a fresh battery. There are interlock mechanisms between the body and the back preventing firing with dark slide, no film etc. Try to shoot without any back and the multiple exposures lever on multiple position (red dot visible). If you select a slow time (i.e. 1 second) you should see, from the back side, the shutter open for the selected time. Did you try with another back?
    Regards
    Max

Shooter
    35mm
    I only have the one back, but I'll try the other suggestions, cheers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a page of Bronica Tips at the site below which explain 1 or 2 of its little issues, and worth bookmarking for future reference.

CameraHobby - Bronica Tips

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bronica shutter problem

I have had a problem with the dark slide, the little spur at the bottom of the dark slide doesn't always engage in the right side of the slot in the back. I find if I just push the bottom of slide sideways towards the back of the camera when I am pushing it home it engages ok. If it is the wrong side, the back can't be removed and I guess the shutter wont release.
    Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bronica Shutter problem

Quote Originally Posted by Brook Hill View Post
    I have had a problem with the dark slide, the little spur at the bottom of the dark slide doesn't always engage in the right side of the slot in the back. I find if I just push the bottom of slide sideways towards the back of the camera when I am pushing it home it engages ok. If it is the wrong side, the back can't be removed and I guess the shutter wont release.
    Tony
    I' m talking rubbish here, of course the shutter wont release if the dark slide is in, my problem in releasing the back is not connected to the shutter release problem. My apologies.
    Tony

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin