Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,979   Online: 922

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Are Mamiya RB67 & RZ67 lenses Interchangeable?

Looking for a decent portrait lens for an RB67 -I see from KEH that RB lenses can be used on an RZ67 with some loss of features - but can an RZ67 lens be used on an RB? This would give me more opportunities.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike,

The difference between RZ and RB lenses is RB lenses have shutter speed control on the lens, whereas RZ lenses are controlled from the actual RZ body. This is not the only difference, but is the most relative to the situation you are speaking of.

Since there is no shutter speed control on an RZ67 lens, and no shutter speed control on an RB body, there would be no way to change the shutter speed of an RZ lens on an RB body. Because of this, I would say they are only interchangable in the direction you speak of, not vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Josh

Shooter
    35mm
    RZ67 lenses have an electronic shutter and can not be used on the fully mechanical RB67. There is no way to control the shutter speed.

If you find RZ67 lenses more desirable you will need to get an RZ67 body and use your RB67 lenses on the RZ. That is the way Mamiya designed the system.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Looking for a decent portrait lens for an RB67 ...
    Just a suggestion, but the 180 "C" lens is a good application for this; and they are plentiful, and therefore, not too expensive. I paid $101 for mine.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    mine was 99$ too, KEH bargain = MINT - Lenscaps
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently got the 180/4.5 myself ($99 on eBay). Just tried it for the first time today. Some haze in it, so not as nice an example as avandesande, but I found the proper hood for it and expect it'll do fine.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

150mm SF or 180mm??

Thanks for all the feedback.

Ok I think I will give KEH a call. The 180mm looks to be the likely candidate - anyone have any experience with the 150mm soft focus - there are a few of those on the KEH site at a very reasonable price.

Cheers

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin