Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,952   Online: 790

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Making waves with a C330

Today I was out shooting with my new-to-me Mamiya C330f. Id used it before, but this was the first time I was outside downtown with it.

Just composing on the sidewalk, I thought I was going to cause an accident... people were amazed at the old thing. I was surprised that they were surprised. At least no one asked, "How many megapixels?".

Cheers.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tmike View Post
    Today I was out shooting with my new-to-me Mamiya C330f. Id used it before, but this was the first time I was outside downtown with it.

Just composing on the sidewalk, I thought I was going to cause an accident... people were amazed at the old thing. I was surprised that they were surprised. At least no one asked, "How many megapixels?".

Cheers.

You should see the looks I get with my Zeiss 531/2 folding 6 x 9 camera. Someone did ask if it was a Leica. I said, "no ... better than a Leica."

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Waves

You should see the looks I get when using my linhof Tech III or B&J 5X7! " gee how old is that camera?" " Is that a camera?" "Are you a professional?" "Boy that thing must be pretty old?"
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmmmm...someone actually asked me, while I was setting up a shot of the apparently defunct Detroit Boat Club, if my 8x10 B and J Orbit (a.k.a. the Black Beast) was digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lost count of the times when shooting with my C330f, someone with an obvious knowledge of cameras (or maybe not, who knows?) says 'Now that's what I call a camera!' Enjoy using it fellah!
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My favorite reaction was the day someone asked if my Argus C-3 was a Leica.

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    im always amused by reactions like these. i take it as an opportunity to educate. camera awareness! someone once asked me if my 4x5 was a hasselblad.. so kudos for even knowing that name. out with my 8x10, i was asked if i was shooting a movie.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I took advantage of the opportunity to do a little show-and-tell when I was out with the 5x7 at Antietam battlefield over the weekend. The comment I got that I liked the best was from the young woman - after she looked under the darkcloth, she said, "Wow! it's so clear! It's better than Hi-Def TV!"

Images
    Good Evening,

Years ago, I was doing a night shot with my stylish Calumet CC-400 when someone in a group across the street said, "Hey, guys. We're on TV!"

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hilarious! You guys are making my evening.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin